Q Acoustics adds 3030i standmount speaker to 3000i range

muljao

I'd be interested in these. I have q acoustic 2020i in my sitting room. I was moving few bits around and bought monitor audio bronze 2 and put them there. The MA are bigger and more powerful and more room filling but to me the q acoustics sounded better so they went back in

A larger QA will definitely be checked out

Nilanth

would these be considered an upgrade from the concept 20

password1

pretty expensive compared to the 3050..as these will need stands. they're rear ported so can't be placed too.close to a wall and they're quite deep so takes as much floor space as the floorstanders.

Gasp3621

Great news and this was no suprise as Mission LX2+ came already with similar specs, same person usually designs for both brands! Here´s hoping that they would have got rid of the rubber bumpers under them so finding stands would be easier and cheaper.

Lot of people in US market aren`t happy about the smallish center channel with 4" drivers especially when using 3050i as mains so hoping QA listens people and will add larger center channel like many other brands does these days. In the UK market the small speaker can be advantage, but the more serious listeners would happily pay for something better.

@Nilanth upgrade in a way because larger cab & driver will give you larger scale, but purely sound quality wise QA has said the Concept serie is still ahead of 3000i serie. The cabinet alone in your speakers is so good that you have to look +500£ speakers to find similar quality, most 500£ speakers don`t match it! Concept center channel has nested tweeter which is another nice detail which they couldn´t afford with 3000i. Last time i chatted with QA they said new cheaper Concept serie is coming at some point, let´s hope this year. :)

Nilanth

Thanks for that. I've contemplated upgrading my concept 20's many times and willing to spend a nice sum, but everytime I listen to them I just adore how they sound, especially the sound stage and eventually give up my pursuit.

If the dyna audio special 40 had a centre channel that would be the only time when I do cave in and upgrade.

flashf1

Great news and this was no suprise as Mission LX2+ came already with similar specs, same person usually designs for both brands! Here´s hoping that they would have got rid of the rubber bumpers under them so finding stands would be easier and cheaper.

Lot of people in US market aren`t happy about the smallish center channel with 4" drivers especially when using 3050i as mains so hoping QA listens people and will add larger center channel like many other brands does these days. In the UK market the small speaker can be advantage, but the more serious listeners would happily pay for something better.

@Nilanth upgrade in a way because larger cab & driver will give you larger scale, but purely sound quality wise QA has said the Concept serie is still ahead of 3000i serie. The cabinet alone in your speakers is so good that you have to look +500£ speakers to find similar quality, most 500£ speakers don`t match it! Concept center channel has nested tweeter which is another nice detail which they couldn´t afford with 3000i. Last time i chatted with QA they said new cheaper Concept serie is coming at some point, let´s hope this year. :)
Just take the rubber feet off!!

Gasp3621

Just take the rubber feet off!!
They can´t be removed that is the problem! And the way they are placed it can be tricky with some stands (top plates) as the speakers are so deep and the plates aren´t. Feels like QA did it on purpose so they can sell more their own stands which are not cheap.

password1

if the concept series are better than the 3000 series im not sure why anyone would buy these lower quality over the cheaper concept 20s. the concept 20s were £379 when they first came out and they can be bought for less than these 3030i speakers.

add the cost of decent stands and these 3030i speakers (£329 plus anywhere from £80 to £250 for decent stands) would be a little too close to the price of the concept 40s to not consider spending the extra for the superior concept 40s which have been reduced by £300.

also at the £300-£400 range there's plenty of competition.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
The Concept 20 are absolutely better speakers than the 3020. I had both in my home for about 3 months. But the 3030 bring something else to the table - 6.5" (165mm) with bass down to 45hz.

You have to decide what your priorities are. If you want a single speaker with very decent bass for a bookshelf then ... 3030. If you want a thrilling clear speaker with far more modest bass then ... Concept 20.

You can add a sub to the Concept 20 but you then have to weigh the cost of the Sub. Though to simply enhance music a modest 8" sub is probably enough..

They do fill a niche and in a bookshelf would probably be my preferred model (3030).

Just a few thoughts.

Steve

password1

they fill a niche but in my opinion not worth more than the superior/higher end concept 20. i imagine they're basically similar to the much cheaper 3020i with a little deeper bass. they're £100-£150 overpriced for a budget speaker.

this speaker makes the excellent monitor audio bronze 2 with 6.5inch drivers look great value for money.

i wont be surprised if the price of these 3030i drop in the future.

Costello

I shall be very interested to hear these. The 3020i speakers were fabulous budget bookshelf speakers but many people commented on them being bass-light. QAcoustics are obviously trying to make amends. I don’t think they’re any competition for the Concept series anymore than the 3020i are competitors for the Concept 20 now. As Steve said, different characteristics.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
In a small speaker you can have good bass or you can have clarity, but you can't have both ... most likely.

Q Acoustic has made a choice in their design of their small speakers. They have chosen clarity within the context of a small 5" speaker.

Steve

flashf1

They can´t be removed that is the problem! And the way they are placed it can be tricky with some stands (top plates) as the speakers are so deep and the plates aren´t. Feels like QA did it on purpose so they can sell more their own stands which are not cheap.
You can take them off

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member

The Stand plate doesn't have to match the speaker precisely, it just has to hold it securely. Of course depending on the speaker, if the plate is 1 inch smaller all around that is probably OK.

It is really a judgement call.

QA makes their speakers deeper so the can make the face smaller.

Steve/bluewizard

Gasp3621

You can take them off
The Stand plate doesn't have to match the speaker precisely, it just has to hold it securely. Of course depending on the speaker, if the plate is 1 inch smaller all around that is probably OK.

It is really a judgement call.

QA makes their speakers deeper so the can make the face smaller.

Steve/bluewizard
Yes i know mate. :) I have had chats with members who owns the new i serie and they have said the rubber pads under speakers can´t be removed (without violence / making marks to speakers?) and when asked from dealers they cautioned to pick correct stands as the rubber pads are placed quite far each other depth/width wise so need to be carefull with top plate size or the speaker won`t sit flat. I think in the 3000i stands has holes for the "pads". But @flashf1 seems to own 3020i and implies they can be taken off. I only forwarded what i have heard from owners.

flashf1

Yes i know mate. :) I have had chats with members who owns the new i serie and they have said the rubber pads under speakers can´t be removed (without violence / making marks to speakers?) and when asked from dealers they cautioned to pick correct stands as the rubber pads are placed quite far each other depth/width wise so need to be carefull with top plate size or the speaker won`t sit flat. I think in the 3000i stands has holes for the "pads". But @flashf1 seems to own 3020i and implies they can be taken off. I only forwarded what i have heard from owners.
Take of easily with fingers? No. With violence/marking? Also no. I used vice grips and set to half the size of the diameter of the rubber foot and clamped, and then was easily able to twist loose, and then pull out, took 5 minutes to do 8. Just an FYI for everyone. I agree it could be easier, but I’d say it’s down to budget design rather than a cynical plan to make people buy their stands!

Last edited:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
think in the 3000i stands has holes for the "pads". But @flashf1 seems to own 3020i and implies they can be taken off. I only forwarded what i have heard from owners.
My 3020 do not have the feet on them but where the feet would go are threads, so the feet/pads should just screw off.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Trending threads

Top Bottom