Q Acoustics 3070s Auto On not working

WaynosDaBoss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! New here but looking for some advice.

I just recently purchased a Q Acoustics 3070s subwoofer to go with my new Sony STR-DH790 AV Reciever mainly because if its slimmer profile as I am able to hide it and keep the mrs happy :)

I am happy with the purchase and the sound is perfect for my needs but I have one annoying issue and that is that the Auto On feature doesnt seem to work unless i crank the volume up to a ridiculous level or play a very bass heavy DTS soundtrack movie. If I leave it in auto made it switches off after a few minutes and will not switch back on.

Annoyingly I cannot find a way of adjusting the subwoofer output level on my AV reciever either as I thought cranking this up and turning it down on the subwoofer might help.

Is this normal or should I be looking at returning it?

P.S. I do have a very slight hum from the subwoofer (not really noticable unless you are listening for it) and could probably do with a better quality cable but was wondering if this is having an impact on the auto on working properly. I dont really want to have to swap the cable out if I can help it as it runs under the carpet and a big thick shielded cable probably isnt going to fit.

Dont worry ! Fixed it! I found a subwoofer level adjustment after all I wasnt scrolling down far enough! It was set to -10db, I have had to crank it upto like +8db but working great now :)

Dont worry ! Fixed it! I found a subwoofer level adjustment after all I wasnt scrolling down far enough! It was set to -10db, I have had to crank it upto like +8db but working great now :)

That doesn´t sound right (if -10db was max then you probably had the Level knob set too high. I assume you have you run the setup with mic which came with your Sony? If not then do that first with the mic at seated ear height in the main seat, room silent. Usually you set the gain(level knob) around 10-12clock, phase switch to 0, power switch always on (for the time you run setup), crossover knob to AV.

That was the subwoofer level setting on the amp it goes from -10 to +10 , and it was set to -10 its lowest setting initially.

I run the auto calibration using the exact method you described, not sure why it kept the sub level at -10 though as I was having to turn it up 3/4 volume to get a decent sound from it but now its well under 1/2 way and the auto on / off is working as i would expect it to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom