Q Acoustics 3050i vs Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Wilkeh

Standard Member
Hey folks,

I'm new to the audio scene and after lengthy reserch I've narrowed it down to these two floorstanders. Which one would you recommend?

I have a pretty basic amp at the moment however I'm looking to invest in a better one shortly and also looking to get a small sub at some point. The 3050i were recently reduced from £650 to pretty much the same price as the Brozne 5's

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Kind regards

gibbsy

To decide you really must audition them yourself. One man's meat as they say and my preference may be totally different to yours.

Gasp3621

3050i is larger and similar to Bronze 6. There is dual 6,5" mid-bass drivers over B5s 2x5,25", but you have to listen both to see which you like more as Gibbsy said. Notice the 3050i is good bit deeper. You need to consider how much the speakers come forward in to the room as you will need to leave minium of 20cm space behind them and wall. Preferably more, around 30cm+ to hear them best and ideally more for side walls / objects. Just a heads up as some members have run in to problems with wife/gf.

But i also need to mention if you like Monitor Audio sound signature, then consider the Silver 6s which were 1k£ speakers new. They will cost same 500£/pair (i assume black too if you have a chat!) and will be step up from both models you are looking. Tricky part might be demoing, but if you can make the trip.. With a good amplification S6s are very enjoyable speakers, clear step up from Bronze series which by the way sees "upgrade" next year!

Wilkeh

Standard Member
Thanks for the help mate. I'll nip into RS tomorrow and see if I can demo both :) I think I prefer the size of the MA Bronze 5. I don't have the biggest living room in the world and they sure do look neat. The 3050i are extremely deep!

Gasp3621

Thanks for the help mate. I'll nip into RS tomorrow and see if I can demo both :) I think I prefer the size of the MA Bronze 5. I don't have the biggest living room in the world and they sure do look neat. The 3050i are extremely deep!
Well in that case listen Bronze 5 and Dali Oberon 5. They are sized same and i think you should get some discount from it! Bring your own music with you that you are familiar and pay attention which amp is being used. If you book demo time by calling you can ask certain amp to be used. RS does that.

Wilkeh

Standard Member
So I've ended up getting the best of both worlds. I ended up getting the 3050i for my living room and managed to source some MA Bronze 6's for my bedroom for £350 (4 years warranty left!)

Happy chap with both indeed :)

Now it's time for some new amps!