Q Acoustics 3050i package or Focal Domes

markie100

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have at present the Focal Domes & was wondering if the Q Acoustics 3050i would be an upgrade. We have changed the decor & the Q Acoustics 3050i would look better but not sure if there would be a difference in performance. I would be grateful for any advice please.

Hi,
I have at present the Focal Domes & was wondering if the Q Acoustics 3050i would be an upgrade. We have changed the decor & the Q Acoustics 3050i would look better but not sure if there would be a difference in performance. I would be grateful for any advice please.

Yes definitely the 3050i package would be quite noticeable upgrade for both movies and music listening as the Domes are very tiny satellite speakers. However if you have very small room then they might not be the best choice. What size room you have and is the tv roughly at the mid wall so you don´t have any odd corner tv nightmare there? Few pictures would be nice. :)

If you go with the QA package make sure you swap the subwoofer to something better. Every dealer will sell you the system without the rather poor 3060S woofer which lacks performance and the amp failures in past would make me run away from them. Depending of your budget you might get better sub from the same place you buy the speakers specifically product from manufacturer that is specialized on woofers (SVS SB1000 / 1000 Pro or the REL HT/1003 - HT/1205 which are on sale atm) or if you are tight on money then look options from BK Electronics which sells direct to customer and has lot of finishes to suit room decor and keep wife happy:

PS. Another option could be the Focal Chora speaker system if you like the Focal sound. That would mean decent sized bookshelf speakers on stands and larger center channel which is beneficial. But i understand aesthetically the rounded QAs are quite pleasing to eye especially as white / walnut.

Hi Thanks for your reply.
The room is fairly open & the tele is on the chimney breast & in the centre of the room. I will look into changing the sub,
Thanks once again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom