Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack Review & Comments

I have just bought the plus version of this set up with the upgraded sub (QB12). So hopefully makes up for one of the downsides of the original package with the sub not being as powerful as it could be. Looking forward to giving it a go. I’m upgrading from a 9 year old set of q acoustics 7000 sat/ sub system which was great for small speakers in a living room, but I have a dedicated room now for last 7 years so well over due an upgrade
You will definitely enjoy it a lot.
BTW what you mean by "the plus version"?

You will definitely enjoy it a lot.
BTW what you mean by "the plus version"?
Hi the plus pack comes with the QB12 sub rather than the smaller 3000 series one. Sevenoaks had some supply issues with the 3050 so gave me a free upgrade to the Concept 40 speakers so front soundstage all concept 40, rears are 3010’s. . I’m still running it all on but sounds mightily impressive.

Hi the plus pack comes with the QB12 sub rather than the smaller 3000 series one. Sevenoaks had some supply issues with the 3050 so gave me a free upgrade to the Concept 40 speakers so front soundstage all concept 40, rears are 3010’s. . I’m still running it all on but sounds mightily impressive.
That's a really good deal as the concepts 40 and concept centre are £200 more than the 3050i and 3090i.

The sub to avoid is the 3070. The older 2070 is better. The qb 12 looks like a quality product with a 12 inch driver and a more efficient class d amp.

Concept 40 should also sound great, although I would have all speakers from same model/serie

Concept 40 should also sound great, although I would have all speakers from same model/serie
I would agree for stage consistency, hence all 3 fronts being concept 40 (worth stating I did a deal to upgrade the centre speaker with SO for £35 ;-) ) The rears I am less concerned about being part of the same range. My ceiling speakers are KEFS for example.

I have the concept 40s and Ive tried them in a stereo setup with films and they sound very good. Very realistic even in two channel, I fooled myself when in one scene bees were flying. I thought I had real bees in the living room.until they appeared on the screen!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom