Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack Review & Comments

Ah, thanks ever so much for your reply. Sorry, what is a "sub sat" system?,. Also I will be using it mainly for gaming and movies. So do you think I will get a big enough improvement using my same 2000i speakers with the upgraded Denon avr-X3600h receiver? Oh really? So there's no point going from the 2000i set to the 3050i set?
sub sat is bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer,which cinemas use,normally people would use floorstanders for music playback,in your case for movies and gaming sub sat is all you need,the denon should be a good step up in performance,a better sub would also be a upgrade,after lockdown try and go to a store and get a demo.

My mind is torn between the Q acoustics 3050i's or spending a little more and getting the Klipsch r820fs. What's everyone's thoughts ?

My mind is torn between the Q acoustics 3050i's or spending a little more and getting the Klipsch r820fs. What's everyone's thoughts ?

Can’t say I’ve ever heard the R820 floorstanders so don’t know how much better they are than the regular range. Personally I have always found their sound tiresome and too in your face for my liking but others might like that characteristic.

In my opinion the 3050i isn’t really a direct rival to this particular Klipsch, for that you really should be looking at the Concept 40s which IMO are in another class sonically, very accurate and extremely musical.

Have you considered any other options, the KEF Q550s or the Monitor Audio Silver 200s should also be on your radar.

Last edited:

I would pick QA`s or Monitor Audio Bronze 6 if budget limit around 550£/pair. With Klipsch better to look in to RP-serie. The R-serie is cheap line with aluminum horn tweeter which is said to be harsh. RP-range is smoother. Sure if you want brighter sound with heavier bass then R802F could do the trick. But 2x8" and large cabs means you should have plenty of space around them.

I have the 3050i cinema pack with SVS SB 2000 subwoofer and came to the conclusion that Q Acoustics seem to be more music oriented other than cinema.
Also the pack should come with a pair of 3020i as surround and not the 3010i.
The centre speaker could be a bit better and more powerful.
Those chrome bezels soon will annoy you as they do shine and stand out a lot. I use the speakers with the grills because of that, which is a shame.
But for me the biggest downside is that QAcoustics don't do upfiring atmos speakers and if you plan to add these to the setup, prepare yourself because nothing will look good on top of them, due to their round and narrow shape.
But to be fair I must say that the 3050i floorstanders sound really good indeed.
Today, I would definitely gone other route, like monitor audio, Elac, Kef or even Klipsch. But have been reading that klipsch have a very special sound and is not for everyone. Either you like it or hate it. No middle term.

Last edited:
^Klipsch are the marmite of speakers IMO.

Not a fan.

BTW you should also consider Dali.

So at the min just looking for floorstanding speakers for fronts and a centre speaker. With the intention to add more and more as I move into a bigger place etc. I like the Q acoustics as they seem like great speakers with every review I read, everyone seems to love them. I haven't got a large area either to fill

So at the min just looking for floorstanding speakers for fronts and a centre speaker. With the intention to add more and more as I move into a bigger place etc. I like the Q acoustics as they seem like great speakers with every review I read, everyone seems to love them. I haven't got a large area either to fill

The Q Acoustic wouldn’t have the same huge impact that the Klipsch would have or even the Monitor Audio or Dali, but you definitely wouldn’t give you ear ache after long periods of use at highest volumes. If I was to place these brands between Kiplsch and QA it would be Klipsch, Dali, MA, KEF and then QA but realistically the Dali is much closer the the Monitor Audio than the Klipsch.

If you had approx £1100ish now for a set of floorstanding speakers and a centre what would you go for ?

Is the system more for movies or music? Do you have subwoofer, if yes which model?

If you had approx £1100ish now for a set of floorstanding speakers and a centre what would you go for ?

You can thank me later.

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say the centre speaker won't fit in my TV unit. No chance of me wall mounting TV and placing centre on top of unit due. Due to being in rented accommodation atm

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say the centre speaker won't fit in my TV unit. No chance of me wall mounting TV and placing centre on top of unit due. Due to being in rented accommodation atm

Can you build a riser for the tv?
_dsc4307-jpg.1163963

Or height adjustable floorstand for the tv behind/under your cabinet. Sure it would add cost, but would do the trick!
Amazon product ASIN B07RXNQXHJ

Those Kef's atmos look amazing. How are they?
That's my old 50'' TV. The speakers are KEF 300s with R50s on top. The centre is a KEF R200C. They are no longer available as the range has been replaced. The R50s are very good indeed, I have added extra padding underneath the rear of the speaker to increase the angle which has given a better performance in my room. The R50s were considered, still are really, to be the best upfiring modules available.

In home cinema mode the centre speaker along with the subwoofer/s are the most important speakers.

I built all my speakers excluding the subwoofers and my centre is a beast, built out of 1 inch thick MDF. If there’s one speaker I would try and accommodate it would be the centre if at all possible.

I know this might not be an option for everyone but if you are remotely handy with your hands and have a garage/workplace where you could tackle building speaker boxes which is basically gluing and clamping then you should also consider DIY speaker builds.

My IPL Acoustics front three cost me about £1K to build due to having to buy most of the equipment to build them but they will out perform equivalent mainstream products costing a combined £5K.

My mate who has a complete Dali system was up in my room and was completely blown away by the sound coming from my IPLs. Just couldn’t comprehend how building your own speakers could produce such quality.

Food for thought

I'm using a mix of the original 3000 series with a 7070si Sub which has been absolutely stunning for me, I cannot praise these speakers enough mechanically. The 3000 series Sub (including the newer "i" version) are pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the speakers, I hated my 3000 sub, the 7070si is on a different level in comparison.

I'm told this "i" series is more cosmetic and minor changes in comparison to the original 3000's, I've not done a full in depth comparison, but a quick stat check shows their exactly the same power and build wise.

One minor gripe with Q Acoustics, is they use stickers as their branding rather than proper logos, whilst my 3010's, 3020's and 7070si have stayed on. Due to where the magnet is on the center speaker (right on the sticker) over time the sticker comes loose. I have read this issue online a few times from owners of the 3090c and 3090ci. Considering the branding is so important to some, to have a flimsy Q sticker on your products is a bit of a bad choice, cosmetically the speakers are amazing, but the center speaker needs to have it's branding somewhere else away from the magnet, or Q Acoustics need to stop cheaping out and put a proper logo on their speakers. I was gutted to see my "Q" logo was coming off my center. Managed to reposition it now, but it's unacceptable.

I messaged them on Facebook for a new replacement sticker around 3 weeks ago, as someone on another forum said they got sent one, but QA hasn't even answered me.

I'm using a mix of the original 3000 series with a 7070si Sub which has been absolutely stunning for me, I cannot praise these speakers enough mechanically. The 3000 series Sub (including the newer "i" version) are pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the speakers, I hated my 3000 sub, the 7070si is on a different level in comparison.

I'm told this "i" series is more cosmetic and minor changes in comparison to the original 3000's, I've not done a full in depth comparison, but a quick stat check shows their exactly the same power and build wise.

One minor gripe with Q Acoustics, is they use stickers as their branding rather than proper logos, whilst my 3010's, 3020's and 7070si have stayed on. Due to where the magnet is on the center speaker (right on the sticker) over time the sticker comes loose. I have read this issue online a few times from owners of the 3090c and 3090ci. Considering the branding is so important to some, to have a flimsy Q sticker on your products is a bit of a bad choice, cosmetically the speakers are amazing, but the center speaker needs to have it's branding somewhere else away from the magnet, or Q Acoustics need to stop cheaping out and put a proper logo on their speakers. I was gutted to see my "Q" logo was coming off my center. Managed to reposition it now, but it's unacceptable.

I messaged them on Facebook for a new replacement sticker around 3 weeks ago, as someone on another forum said they got sent one, but QA hasn't even answered me.

Contact them through this site and you should get hold of them! Choose "Service & Spares".

I have just bought the plus version of this set up with the upgraded sub (QB12). So hopefully makes up for one of the downsides of the original package with the sub not being as powerful as it could be. Looking forward to giving it a go. I’m upgrading from a 9 year old set of q acoustics 7000 sat/ sub system which was great for small speakers in a living room, but I have a dedicated room now for last 7 years so well over due an upgrade

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom