Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack Review & Comments

Very tempting... any idea if my lowly Yamaha RX-V675 AVR would power something like this or what I can use to work it out?

Can't see why not, the Yamaha is 90w per channel, and the Q-Acoustics are easy to drive.

Does anyone know the width of the floor standing speakers? I know they are 310mm with the supporting feet, but i would like to know the width of the speaker itself. Anyone?

Mine arrived this week and look superb, no problems with the design of the sub for me, looks smart, just need to sort out the settings on it, crossover..

Does anyone know the width of the floor standing speakers? I know they are 310mm with the supporting feet, but i would like to know the width of the speaker itself. Anyone?

Not sure about the new ones but my 3050's a are 200mm wide without the feet.

Not sure about the new ones but my 3050's a are 200mm wide without the feet.
Thanks. Hoping someone will be able to measure theirs for me.

Mine arrived this week and look superb, no problems with the design of the sub for me, looks smart, just need to sort out the settings on it, crossover..
Would you mind measuring the width of the floor standing speakers please? It says 310mm with supporting feet. What is the width of the speaker itself? Thanks

I didnt get the floorstanders sorry , i didnt have room for them so use the 3020i as my fronts

I didnt get the floorstanders sorry , i didnt have room for them so use the 3020i as my fronts
Ah ok, thanks for reply.

You guys think this would be worth the upgrade from the 3000 series with 4 3010s?? I also plan on getting a BK sub instead of bundled one.

BK subs are brill, bang for your buck is hard to beat and despite going loud they are sonically musical too.

I run my original 3000 series with a BK P12-300 sub, all works out pretty good to my ears.

Are they superior to Denon AVRX2500H & Monitor Audio Bronze 5 5.1 and upgrade from the below?

This is for TV and films and little no no music.

• Cambridge Audio S50 Centre
• Cambridge Audio S70 two floor standers
• Cambridge Audio S20 two rear surround
• Powered Sub TANNOY SFX Sub-Woofer

I’m a huge fan of Q Acoustics but may I suggest something you haven’t possibly considered, the new Mission QX range. You can get the QX1 + QX-C + QX-S for around £860-900 add something like a BK P12-300 DF subwoofer and you will have a truly amazing sounding setup for less the £1350.

I ended up going for the MA bronze 6 and the rest of the bronze range and then some Dali Atmos speakers. Very happy so far.

Size of room and will you intend to use for music as well as home cinema?
My living/dining room is 30sq.m.
I will use mainly for homecinena, netflix, movies, tv but also some music.
As more as I wait to buy, more I look around and more confused I get on what should I choose.
I was also looking at the Jamo S809 + S803 and the Monitor Audio Bronze 2...
I must buy something fast to end this indecision

As more as I wait to buy, more I look around and more confused I get on what should I choose.

Can`t you go listen few different brands? Looking at the site you have plenty options. All of those will surely be enjoyable, but you might prefer some of those more than others. At the end of day it´s personal choice.

The subwoofers you linked are rather small for your space and main use being movies/series. I would choose PB1000 or PB2000 over SB2000 if you crave that deep bass and more cinematic rumble. SB2000 can perform great in small room with some room gain, but 30sqm room is basically PB2000 territory. I think you would be very satisfied if you go with the PB1000 and add second one later to get the benefits of dual subwoofers, unless of course you can do that with the larger one. Sure you could go with dual SB2000 which are needed to match one PB1000 output in the deep bass range, but there is still difference regarding ported and sealed designs when you watch movies. If you want more physical experience, choose PB serie.
Q-Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack + PB 1000
Q-Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack + PB 2000

Thanks a lot.
Sadly there's no shops near me selling this sort of products and more, having a place for buyers be able to try. Small place small market....
I know that a PB subwoofer would be the best choice but they are incredible massive Andorra comparison therefore not an option for me.
I'm sure the SB2000 would be more than enough

Thanks a lot.
Sadly there's no shops near me selling this sort of products and more, having a place for buyers be able to try. Small place small market....
I know that a PB subwoofer would be the best choice but they are incredible massive Andorra comparison therefore not an option for me.
I'm sure the SB2000 would be more than enough

Fine, i would still add second Sb2000 later (read SVS article called "why duals")! Speaker choice is always difficult especially if have to choose blindly. Regarding the 3050i`s they should have warm and neutral tone which should suit for many people. Also the new serie brought certain technology for the cabinet (only for 3050i), which is great as many times cheaper towers are compromised with more "lively" cabinets. I would also see the large size a bonus for music listening with dual 6,5" drivers. For movies the 3050i should sound more dynamic than a pair of 3020i. The package price is great and over 200€ cheaper than nearest competitor Bronze 5 + Sb2000. Jamo is cheaper, but likely not as good either. Great brand back in the days making some really good and expensive speakers, but nowadays bit of question mark with the budget stuff.

Choosing blind is in fact the biggest drawback, especially when I'm considering a long term purchase.
Ultimately, I have to rely on what I read and view on the internet.
The 3050i package does seem to be much more balanced overall. Great system at a good price.
I was initially considering the Jamo because they do look great and because of their atmos speakers arrangements, which is very clever.

The Q-Acoustics solution is in-ceiling speakers, which I understand to be the best atmos solution, but my wife isn't been very keen to the idea of making holes in the ceiling of the living room.

The only caution I would make is that I find the.Q Acoustics very directional. This means the sweet spot is narrow compared to my old Kefs.

The unknown quantity to me is the SVS subs, I know they can hit a deep note and with plenty of force but the musicality of them is the thing I don’t know. If you had been matching the Q Acoustics with a BK Electronics Sub or two then it’s easily, mostly home cinema etc with little music the 3020i are perfect but if you listen to more music and maybe want the sub to take less of a role then the 3050i are the ones to get.

Since you are considering the SVS 2000 I would personally check out B.K. Electronics as for the same money you could have two P12-300 with either a front facing or down facing 12” subwoofer. For room frequency two are always better than one plus these are also very musical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom