Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack Review & Comments

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Choosing blind is in fact the biggest drawback, especially when I'm considering a long term purchase.
Ultimately, I have to rely on what I read and view on the internet.
The 3050i package does seem to be much more balanced overall. Great system at a good price.
I was initially considering the Jamo because they do look great and because of their atmos speakers arrangements, which is very clever.

The Q-Acoustics solution is in-ceiling speakers, which I understand to be the best atmos solution, but my wife isn't been very keen to the idea of making holes in the ceiling of the living room.
You can use other brand upfiring speakers if you can find some that fits and looks good enough. I would save to something like KEF Q50a or R50 if they are on sale where you live. One option would be on-ceiling speakers though. But more work with hiding the wires and likely needs to be compact sized.

Since you are considering the SVS 2000 I would personally check out B.K. Electronics as for the same money you could have two P12-300 with either a front facing or down facing 12” subwoofer. For room frequency two are always better than one plus these are also very musical.
He lives in Portugal. :(

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
^OK, didn’t realise. Currently cruising so between not following the threads as closely as usual and being mostly p1ssed it might not be as up to speed as usual. :p

Djuganight

I read something about the qacoustics 3050i need a lot of space to breathe. In my case, they would have to sit close to the wall. I may be able to move them forward 10cm to 15cm tops. Would this be an issue with these speakers?

Last edited:

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I read something about the qacoustics 3050i need a lot of space to breathe. In my case, they would have to sit close to the wall. I may be able to move them forward 10cm to 15cm tops. Would this be an issue with these speakers?
They come with plugs to plug the ports which will kill the bass a bit but since you are adding a sub or two they don’t really need to produce anything below 80Hz. Might be as well going for the 3020i, or better still the Concept 20s with matching centre.

Djuganight

I have been considering a set of bookshelves Q-Acoustics 3020i, Elac Debut 2.0 b6.2 or Monitor Audio Bronze 2 but always dreamed to have floorstanding speakers and my wife really like the Q-Acoustics 3050i.
I think the more I wait the more confused I'm getting, especially only evaluating these thing over the internet and not being able to do in person.
Thank you for your suggestions and help

Last edited:

The Bad MF

Sorry, I hope I'm not necro-ing this thread. I'm new here.

I'm interested in this set in a 7.2.4 Atmos configuration. Could extra 3010i's be mounted high on the walls and angled toward the listener for the height channel(s)?

Djuganight

I'm interested in this set in a 7.2.4 Atmos configuration. Could extra 3010i's be mounted high on the walls and angled toward the listener for the height channel(s)?
If that is your idea, I assume any speaker will be fit for the task

Evinger

I don't own these, but they seem really long

Evinger

If that is your idea, I assume any speaker will be fit for the task
There are some really savvy people on this site who could point at alternatives that would fit the 3010 system, but also be less obtrusive - i would wait on what they think

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member

Sure why not. Here is 3010 as front heights with 3020 / 3090c on cabinet. Notice that 3010i is larger so will look even more "bulkier" there.

The Bad MF

Sure why not. Here is 3010 as front heights with 3020 / 3090c on cabinet. Notice that 3010i is larger so will look even more "bulkier" there.
Thank you that was super helpful. One more question as I'm a little confused. I was hoping to pair this speaker setup with a Denon AVC-X6500H as it has the right amount of channels and plenty of HDMI inputs for my many consoles but, a few sources I've checked watched recently suggest the speakers should cost roughly 2x that of the amp. Why? What am I missing? Would that amp overpower these speakers?

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Thank you that was super helpful. One more question as I'm a little confused. I was hoping to pair this speaker setup with a Denon AVC-X6500H as it has the right amount of channels and plenty of HDMI inputs for my many consoles but, a few sources I've checked watched recently suggest the speakers should cost roughly 2x that of the amp. Why? What am I missing? Would that amp overpower these speakers?
This is was a rule of thumb with matching a stereo amp with a pair of speakers rather than an AV system. The Q Acoustics are extremely good and far out perform their retail price.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You should consider buying X4500H for around 900£ when it´s on sale (ask around) rather than putting 1600£ for X6500H. Add 2ch poweramp for X4500H and you get 7.1.4 much cheaper. X6500H is ideal if one must have one box solution and it´s made in Japan, but power output wise the jump from X4500H to X6500H is very small.

You could also pick Marantz SR6013 for 799£ and do the same add 2ch poweramp, you get 7.1.4 . It has 8HDMI inputs and one site showed it measured exactly same as X4500H so this model offers you best value.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Then I'd better get saving. Thanks so much for your help.
Have you went and heard these yet, if not then I suggest doing so, IMO they are the type of speaker that go about their business of producing music undetected..... by this I mean they don't have your typical sound signature of some other brands.

The Bad MF

Have you went and heard these yet, if not then I suggest doing so, IMO they are the type of speaker that go about their business of producing music undetected..... by this I mean they don't have your typical sound signature of some other brands.
That's my next step. Your comment implies you didn't like them?

The Bad MF

You should consider buying X4500H for around 900£ when it´s on sale (ask around) rather than putting 1600£ for X6500H. Add 2ch poweramp for X4500H and you get 7.1.4 much cheaper. X6500H is ideal if one must have one box solution and it´s made in Japan, but power output wise the jump from X4500H to X6500H is very small.

You could also pick Marantz SR6013 for 799£ and do the same add 2ch poweramp, you get 7.1.4 . It has 8HDMI inputs and one site showed it measured exactly same as X4500H so this model offers you best value.

Noted thanks.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
That's my next step. Your comment implies you didn't like them?
Quite the opposite in fact I absolutely loved them. If I hadn't decided to go the DIY route and build my speakers I would have bought a complete set of them.

Now if you are remotely handy at woodwork and can solder then buying and building your own kits is a serious step up in quality again. My front three speakers cost me about £900 to build but are as good sonically to ones costing about £5-6K.

gibbsy

The 6500 would partner the likes of the KEF R Series very well. There is no such thing as an amp overpowering speakers as the only influence on the volume and power is you the user. KEF R speakers were my choice with a 6200.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
The only part of the Q Acoustic system that isn’t up to the standard of the rest of it is it’s subwoofer. Personally I would swap it out for one of the BK Electronics subs, they are very musical but pack a lot more punch and attack than the Q Acoustic sub can muster.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Can you very good overhead effect with that setup?
Hi bud. The person who has those have been seen 2018 last time here, have tried to get him response but no luck.

You happy with the black upfiring speakers or looking to swap?

Had a talk with Q Acoustics, no plans to bring Dolby Atmos Enabled speakers. It`s a shame, cause most upfiring speakers are boxy and then it looks bit odd as you know from experience.

Saladin88

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my current audio setup. My current setup is a Yamaha RX-V379 AV Receiver, and a Q Acoustics 2000i 5.1 speaker set. I was going to just go for a receiver upgrade to the Denon AVR-X3600h and keep the same speakers, and then upgrade the speakers at a later date (to these Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 speaker pack) to save money. Do you think it's worth just upgrading the AV Receiver for now and will my current speakers do? Or do I need to upgrade my entire speaker set to the aforementioned for the new receiver to be worth it? I'm lost,. Please someone help if you could. 🙏

Many thanks,

Hamza

kahlua

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my current audio setup. My current setup is a Yamaha RX-V379 AV Receiver, and a Q Acoustics 2000i 5.1 speaker set. I was going to just go for a receiver upgrade to the Denon AVR-X3600h and keep the same speakers, and then upgrade the speakers at a later date (to these Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 speaker pack) to save money. Do you think it's worth just upgrading the AV Receiver for now and will my current speakers do? Or do I need to upgrade my entire speaker set to the aforementioned for the new receiver to be worth it? I'm lost,. Please someone help if you could. 🙏

Many thanks,

Hamza
if mainly used for movies a sub sat system is the way to go, your 2000i package is good but probably let down by the sub,i would look to upgrade sub and receiver,the denon will be a good upgrade over the yamy,the 3050i would be a bit of a sideways move.

Saladin88

if mainly used for movies a sub sat system is the way to go, your 2000i package is good but probably let down by the sub,i would look to upgrade sub and receiver,the denon will be a good upgrade over the yamy,the 3050i would be a bit of a sideways move.
Ah, thanks ever so much for your reply. Sorry, what is a "sub sat" system?,. Also I will be using it mainly for gaming and movies. So do you think I will get a big enough improvement using my same 2000i speakers with the upgraded Denon avr-X3600h receiver? Oh really? So there's no point going from the 2000i set to the 3050i set?

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen adds 48-inch OLED to Beovision TV range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton