Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack Review & Comments

Dean

Nice review Steve - this seems to be a really good 5.1 package.

It would have been nice if they also included an integrated upfiring woofer in the Q 3050i's or offer an upfiring add-on module in the range for immersive sound.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
This is the package im looking at buying, now moved into my new home and getting impatient, i sit about 3m away from the fronts , just hoping these would not be overkill as i love the design and the grey colour match..

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
I'd be curious to know which earlier subwoofer design was supposedly superior. I have the 2000i series myself with the 2070si subwoofer. I suppose you could mix and match?

Last edited:

Hampy1972

Hampy1972

I still have the old 1010i 7.1 system running from 2010 and quite happy with that.
May upgrade in the future but happy with what I have.
They're beautiful I admit and would be better as tech moved on BUT! (There is always a BUT)

fat jez

Distinguished Member
Would have to say that the sound quality of my 3050 based setup is fantastic, but I do find the sweetspot to be very narrow when using them, which would probably tie in with Steve's dispersion comment in his review. I don't have to move far at all left or right to find I am predominantly hearing the left or right speaker from the stereo pair.

boabis

It would have been nice if they also included an integrated upfiring woofer in the Q 3050i's or offer an upfiring add-on module in the range for immersive sound.
Would be good to have an article with ideas for Atmos options, full system and add-ons. Anyone buying a half-way decent AVR is getting it by default now, but might not want to replace their entire speaker set.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Will ask them via twitter , maybe they will answer

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'd be curious to know which earlier subwoofer design was supposedly superior. I have the 2000i series myself with the 2070si subwoofer. I suppose you could mix and match?
It was i think the 7000 serie sub, the one which had 10" driver was best, then they downsized it and put 8" driver in smaller cabinet, then the narrow cabinet with 2x 6,5" and now this slim.. Sadly they have gone with aesthetics over performance. Which i can understand cause it sells more and nagging wife who would rather agree the slim cute box than something larger.

Some people feels the same with the small center channel. While Steve liked it (3090Ci), there has been some less happy owners who has the towers in front. But for most people it`s compact enough with WAF in mind, hopefully in future QA brings larger alternative for those guys that pushes the system more.

You can mix subwoofer freely. Often is recommended to look something else than package subwoofer if one is more serious with this hobby.. That usually means larger size aswell.

fat jez

Distinguished Member
Would be good to have an article with ideas for Atmos options, full system and add-ons. Anyone buying a half-way decent AVR is getting it by default now, but might not want to replace their entire speaker set.
I'd certainly like ideas for a pair of upfiring atmos speakers to go with my Q Acoustics 5.1 setup.

MarkPassmore

Novice Member
Q Acoustics have a range of ceiling speakers which could be used in an Atmos setup, but I think they should offer a pair of Atmos speakers to sit on top off their excellent floor standing speakers.

Evinger

Looks so Good - but just updated to a Teufel System, so not right now!

Winnie1221

I have recently bought the Q Acoustics 7000i Plus, which has the 3070S sub which I am very, very happy with. I cannot believe anyone would say that sub lacks in base. Paired up with Denon AVR2300, after calibration and with the sub positioned beside the sofa, I had to turn the level down.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I have recently bought the Q Acoustics 7000i Plus, which has the 3070S sub which I am very, very happy with. I cannot believe anyone would say that sub lacks in base. Paired up with Denon AVR2300, after calibration and with the sub positioned beside the sofa, I had to turn the level down.
It might not lack bass (in compact sized room), rather quality of bass. :) With small cabinet & driver(s) it has it`s limits like most budget subwoofers. And the fact that you probably haven`t heard anything better.. But the main thing is you are happy and if you don`t locate the bass too much, then the nearfield placement is spot on! :smashin:

MarkPassmore

Novice Member
If I was thinking of upgrading my speaker set up to the 3050i pack, any recommendations of substituting the subwoofer to a better model than the one included?

mainaman

If I was thinking of upgrading my speaker set up to the 3050i pack, any recommendations of substituting the subwoofer to a better model than the one included?
BK Monolith-Plus DF for just above budget money.

nicfaz

Depending on your budget, the best you can afford from BK electronics or the XTZ sub from the XTZ package mentioned. Personally I would have thought that the new BK P12-300SB at £380 would be *miles* better than the Q-acoustics one. BK are the kings of cheap subs, I've got two!

Dean

That's why I'm a bit surprised that QA haven't given the option with this new package. Who knows maybe they'll release one later.

There are a few Atmos upfiring modules available from other manufacturers like KEF, ELAC and Dali which could be partnered to this. However in my opinion that would ruin the aesthetics with the different styling, plus it's always best to timbre match all speakers in a set up, even if it is reflected off the ceiling and is in a higher frequency range.

B17NNS

Very tempting... any idea if my lowly Yamaha RX-V675 AVR would power something like this or what I can use to work it out?
Can't see why not. I'm using a Denon AVR-X2400H.

If in doubt give the guys at Creative a call. They're very friendly and knowledgable. A proper old school hi-fi shop.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Very nice but why do these 5.1 packages always seem to drop the ball in regards to the power plant engine that is the sub, a damn fug ugley one to boot in at that in this case .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett