Q Acoustics 3000 5.1 Speaker System Review - review discussion

'Test material' might be a bit strong but due to my son being keen on it, it is on a lot!

Agree that you must have been in a bad mood when you wrote the 2000i review - they have the hi frequency de-coupler that you love on these but didn't even mention in that review...;)

So, much of an upgrade from a basic 2000 series, centre in particular? was looking at getting the concept centre, but these are a bit cheaper!
Oh and i heartily approve of Chuggington as test material :) Watched it every day with my son!

All indications of the various progressions of this series (1000, 2000, now 3000) is the they are exceptionally clear speakers at a bargain price. But, in the bookshelf, the bass response has always been limited, so for me they are best used in Home Theater or Casual Listening situations.

At the price of the 3050, there are other speakers in the same price range that are well worth of consideration. But it seems that the performance of the new 3050 is pretty impressive.

While I can't fault the series, there are others that appeal to me more. Still it seems this new 3000 series is a step up on an already impressively clear speaker.

I've also been under the impression that their Subs are a little underwhelming. Though we have to accept that they are working within a design concept. A concept that creates a relatively small unobtrusive Sub, that still performs well. There is certainly a market for such a Sub. But I suspect more serious listener and those with more space are going to go for a larger Sub.

It sounds like Q Acoustic has make real improvements to a speaker that was already praised by those who have them, and maintained a reasonably low price point for a speaker of this performance, and Fit and Finish.

While they don't appeal to me, I can see how they would appeal to many. Especially those looking for a bit more than the Lifestyle Sat/Sub systems, but not wanting to quite go quite to full Bookshelf or Floorstanding speakers.

The price is probably a bit high right now given that they have just been introduced, but even at the current prices, they are still something of a bargain in a 5.1 system -

Superfi - Q Acoustics 3000 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker Package

Superfi - Q Acoustics 3050 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker Package

Steve/bluewizard

Can anyone say how this compares to the 7000(i) set - and how do the 3000 and 7000 fit into the range? Is one meant to be superior to the other? They seem to be about the same price. Is one more for cinema? The 7000 seem to be smaller speakers? Thanks

As the 3000 are larger sized speaker with a larger internal cabinet size and the 7000's are sat speakers from a sat sub series, the 3000 will be easier for your AV amplifier to generate musical tones as it will not require the extra effort to drive a smaller speaker.

In question though, it's really all be down to what your using it for, what your happy with and what you can get away with.

Looks wise the 7000 have it for anyone who wants a discrete system, whereas though who are happier with larger cabinets on show will ultimately have a little more fun in all musical areas without having to manipulate the sound though their chosen AV receiver.

Regards, Shane.

As the 3000 are larger sized speaker with a larger internal cabinet size and the 7000's are sat speakers from a sat sub series, the 3000 will be easier for your AV amplifier to generate musical tones as it will not require the extra effort to drive a smaller speaker.

In question though, it's really all be down to what your using it for, what your happy with and what you can get away with.

Looks wise the 7000 have it for anyone who wants a discrete system, whereas though who are happier with larger cabinets on show will ultimately have a little more fun in all musical areas without having to manipulate the sound though their chosen AV receiver.

Regards, Shane.
Very helpful answer - thank you

I'm interested in replacing my B&W MT-30 with the Q Acoustics 3000 Cinema 5.1. Will these speakers offer significant improvement over the old M1s? Should I change the subwoofer too or keep the B&W PV1 and just change the speakers? Also is the Yamaha RX-V1800 a good match for the Q3000? Can it be too powerful? The 3010 have a recommended power handling of 25-75W and the Yamaha is a 7x140W amplifier.

I think it's very much a case of what you hang these off. I have the 2020i and 2000c and was very underwhelmed using a Yamaha RXV777. I took it back and replaced it with a Pioneer RXV930 and its like having a complete new system - the centre in particular....now I get what the fuss is all about with films and music with the 2000 series at least.

Hi. Would anyone be able to advise please if these would be a significant upgrade from my current Canton 5.1 setup (see sig?) and worth the investment? The Canton's sound great and I've had them for years.

Thanks.

Although we sell the Canton soundbar's I've not looked at the 5.1 system. I have to say however that the sound bar's have been very impressive, based on this I feel that if the speakers are of a similar size I would really try to gain an audition somewhere.

Regards, Shane.

Looking to pair these with my Denon AVR 3311, will they play nice? Ill be upgrading form some Kef 2001 eggs.
Not purchasing the sub as I think my Velodyne will be better than the packaged sub.

They'll be fine and I think your right with the Sub!

We have none left now, but checkout everyone who helps make these forums what they are AVForums Advertisers and support them by buying your speakers from at least one of these supporters!

Regards, Shane.

Can anyone confirm if the stands come with feet for hard flooring? The specks only say they come with carpet spikes.
Thanks.

I know the concept stands do, so if they follow the same logical path then this would be yes, however as all manufacturers are trimming, this could be one area.

If you are struggling, 2p coins work a treat for a short time until you can find what you're looking for.

Then you maybe able to find a rubber or bolster wood feet enabling you to create your own.

Regards, Shane.

@Q Acoustics can you comment on the feet for the stands?
Looks like hifix are out of stock so I have a good few days to wait and can look for a solution while I wait if they are not supplied.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I am thinking of replacing my kef 2005.2s for the 3090c and a pair of 3020s and not having a sub as I hardly ever use it (so I don't disturb the rest of the household). I was think of maybe the Cambridge audio minx 22 for the rears. My amp is a Yamaha rx-v673.
Will this work ok

Hello DpM and Nick.M.G.

Firstly; many thanks to for considering Q Acoustics loudspeakers.

Regarding floor spikes and polished floors etc.

We can confirm that the 3000 Series stands come with rubber spike covers. It implies in the manual that you can use them when placing the stands on floors that need to be protected from the spikes - but please, please don't!

It will protect the floor but using the spike covers significantly reduces the sound quality, especially dynamics and 3D soundstage. The best result is to use the spikes (correctly adjusted and tightened) and to place a small metal disc under each spike.

As ShanePJ points out, 5p or 1p coins do the job perfectly at (almost) no cost.

Regarding the 3090C and 3020 combination. This will deliver astonishingly good results. We confess we haven't tried them with the Cambridge speakers on the rear - but can see no reason why it wouldn't work perfectly, provided you can configure the system correctly.

Best regards

Hello DpM and Nick.M.G.

Firstly; many thanks to for considering Q Acoustics loudspeakers.

Regarding floor spikes and polished floors etc.

We can confirm that the 3000 Series stands come with rubber spike covers. It implies in the manual that you can use them when placing the stands on floors that need to be protected from the spikes - but please, please don't!

It will protect the floor but using the spike covers significantly reduces the sound quality, especially dynamics and 3D soundstage. The best result is to use the spikes (correctly adjusted and tightened) and to place a small metal disc under each spike.

As ShanePJ points out, 5p or 1p coins do the job perfectly at (almost) no cost.

Regarding the 3090C and 3020 combination. This will deliver astonishingly good results. We confess we haven't tried them with the Cambridge speakers on the rear - but can see no reason why it wouldn't work perfectly, provided you can configure the system correctly.

Best regards

@Q Acoustics. Hi, I'm currently waiting on delivery of this 5.1 setup with 3050 fronts. Thinking about spikes, I've got an engineered wood floor so should I use 5p/1p coins etc underneath the 3050's, just like you have recommended with stands for the 3010's?

Cheers

WW

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom