.Q Acoustics 2050. I'm not so sure.

Michael D

Novice Member
Hi , I have had the Q Acoustics 2050 about 8 months now. I've always run them with a subwoofer and the sound is really great. the problem is if I switch the subwoofer off ,the Qs have no bass at all. All the reviews I've read praise the low end of these speakers.I don't get it. My Roberts radio has more bass. Ive tried everything to get "some" low end on them (eq. etc.). I'm using them with a Yamaha 375 amp. I'm starting to think I may have a dodgy pair. Is there a way of checking? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 598831

If your speakers are set to small, then the bass will be redirected to the sub, hence when you turn it off the bass goes. If you set speakers to large in the avr it will allow them to produce bass. Although its advised to set them to small and allow the sub to handle the bass as it will be more capable at reproducing those frequencies.

gibbsy

If you have correctly set up the Yamaha for 5.1 then you should have all speakers set to small with a crossover at 80hZ. Switching off the sub will just deny you bass below your crossover. A quick check would be to play some CDs in direct or pure direct if the Yamaha supports this. Pure direct in 2 channel stereo will default the front left and right speakers to large, giving the bass track as laid down on the playing disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom