• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Q Acoustics 2000 series setup

SOSAGES

Standard Member
Evening all,

After a bit of advice if anyone has the time. Before i start i must add i am very happy with my setup but i am no expert :)

I currently have the following 5.1 setup:
4 x Q ACOUSTICS 2010
1 x Q ACOUSTICS 2000C (centre)
1 x Q ACOUSTICS 2070 (sub)

I have a fairly basic setup and i am just under 3m from the centre speaker
and 3m exactly from the front left/right.
rear right is 1m
rear left is 1.5m
sub is 1.5m
The above are all sitting area measurements.

I have all of the above connected to an Onkyo 609 (that could be going back due to loss of audio lately).

So i just wanted to post my settings and get any thoughts if possible on where i am going wrong. I know most of this is personal preference but i just wanted to have an expert or two kindly look it over and point out my obvious mistakes.

So here goes.
Speaker impedance is set to 6ohms
Subwoofer is enabled.

front speakers are set to 40hz
centre speaker is set to 50Hz
rear (surround) speakers are set to 40Hz

Thanks for reading.
Cheers, SOS.

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Turn the impedance setting back to 8ohm. Setting to 6 does nothing that careful see of the volume can not but can reduce sound quality. I would then set all the speakers to 80hz crossover since the settings you have posted look little low for your speakers.

SOSAGES

Standard Member
Hi PSM1,

Thanks for the input. I had toyed with the 80hz crossover setting but since my Amp classes this as 80Hz (THX) and my speakers were not THX certified i changed it back again. I shall try again and let you know.

Oh, btw i can only select 4 or 6ohm in my impedance settings am i better off with 4?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom