Q Acoustic home cinema 2 series seperates upgrade advice.

Gandalf2665

I currently have the denon AVR-X520BT reciever. Q Acoustic 2000i centre, 2020i front and rear and 2070i sub. I have just purchased the OLED48CX5LC 48" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED Tv and I am now confused about upgrading.

I have been pointed towards the Denon AVR -X2700H and the Dali Oberon 1 5.1 speakers which will be about £2K.

I have since noticed a package with the Denon AVC-X3700H and the Q Acoustic Q3010i's , Q3060s and Q2090Ci which is £1600.

My two question are....will there be a noticeable difference in the sound quality in upgrading my current speaker system and if so which one?

Many thanks with the help.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Hi @Gandalf2665

I would not go down the 3000i route with the package.
There will be a difference, but not a significant upgrade over your 2000i series that you already have.

The Oberon 1's with the VOKAL are a brilliant performer and a step up sonically in performance and aesthetics too.

The 2700 is a fine amp for them too. No need to go to the 3700 unless you're contemplating upgrading the number of channels in the future.

password1

Distinguished Member
You should go to your local independent family business dealer and see what packages they have or available to demo.

If you're near Yorkshire then you should check out the demo room in Yorkshire AV.

Gandalf2665

Hi @Gandalf2665

I would not go down the 3000i route with the package.
There will be a difference, but not a significant upgrade over your 2000i series that you already have.

The Oberon 1's with the VOKAL are a brilliant performer and a step up sonically in performance and aesthetics too.

The 2700 is a fine amp for them too. No need to go to the 3700 unless you're contemplating upgrading the number of channels in the future.
Thank you for taking to the time to help. The 2700 upgrade was because i have a new OLED tv and my current AVR didnt support Earc (so i was told as i means nothing to me). So would the upgraded 2700 also make a differnce with my current speakers?

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
A good source of comparison I use is this site:

You have more power on the 2700, newer HDR formats, additional channels (if you are bothered about potentially going 7.1 or 5.1.2 ATMOS in the future).

I think given the additional power, better transformer, better processing - yes, you'll get an improvement over your current setup on it's own. It'll be marginal - but it'll be there.
You'll be able to decode native content via eARC too.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I currently have the denon AVR-X520BT reciever. Q Acoustic 2000i centre, 2020i front and rear and 2070i sub. I have just purchased the OLED48CX5LC 48" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED Tv and I am now confused about upgrading.

I have been pointed towards the Denon AVR -X2700H and the Dali Oberon 1 5.1 speakers which will be about £2K.

I have since noticed a package with the Denon AVC-X3700H and the Q Acoustic Q3010i's , Q3060s and Q2090Ci which is £1600.

My two question are....will there be a noticeable difference in the sound quality in upgrading my current speaker system and if so which one?

Many thanks with the help.

The Dalis sound quite different so you might feel the change is bigger or they will sound slightly too bright if your hearing is more sensitive to brighter speakers. I have owned the QAs you have many moons ago and heard Dalis the earlier range which suppose to sound very similar to Oberons, they did lot of things right but for me too pronounced highs. You could actually prefer that like many does as it gives extra sparkle/excitement, there is no saying what is best for you. The only way to know for sure is to visit some local hifi store for a demo. Listening is free no need to buy anything so search local dealer. Richer Sounds, Seven Oaks, Hifix, Audio T usually good as they have many brands on display for you to compare which type of sound you like.

The Dali Oberon 1 5.1 + Denon can be got for 1700£ incl. speaker wire, sub cable, hdmi package so the 2k£ price is too high.

However if you can spend more then do yourself a favour and swap the subwoofer as that is the bottleneck in these package systems. The way forward is to ask prices without subwoofer (5,0 + receiver) and pick the sub from company that specializes in woofers as there is no requirement for matching. Most dealers will give you price if you just ask.

Another brand to consider is MA Bronze which i found more enjoyable over QAs. Enough bite at top end without sounding harsh/tiring and more forward sound suits great for movies. Smaller or larger front mains (50 or 100):

Finally Kef Q150 x 2pairs, Q250c and Denon receiver together about 1500-1600£ and then good subwoofer for 400-500£ mark puts you at 2k£. Kef is having 60th Anniversary celebration sale for Q models until 9.1.2022 so the speakers go lot cheaper. You get 6year warranty for Denon too. Naturally you would try to negotiate package price or at least get free cables or speaker stands thrown in.

We can look subwoofer options if you tell more about your room dimensions, possible size requirements if any, which finish you prefer, do you live in apartment or detached house etc.

JustinT350

I would highly recommend holding out and going for the 3700 if you can stretch to it. You may not need the additional features right now, but it will help future proof you from yet another upgrade down the line.

I recently moved from the 520BT to the 3700 and really chuffed with it.

Additional channels, Dual sub output, Multi Sub EQ, XT32 (dont think the 2700 has this?) all worth the additional cost I would say.

Speaker wise is really personal preference.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom