Q Acoustic 2000i - Set-up questions?

dark_kloud

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
Hope everyone had an excellent Xmas and getting ready for the New Year.

My New year Resolution is to save and buy my cinema system I have been craving for a few years. I also came to understanding that a £3k+ system is not for me just yet, so I have found the products I am interested in.

AV Amps choice are:
Onkyo NR609 or Yamaha V671
After research on here and online they seem to be the best for Stereo music at this price range.

Speakers:
Choose the Q Acoustic 2000i speaker package, BUT:

In order to enjoy the best possible stereo sound as well as suround sound, can I swap the front to the 2050i? Will this make a good difference for me for value and money? Should I keep the 2010i for the rear or are the 2020i worth the extra money (+£60)?

Which amp out of the two above will please me for the better Stereo sound, although I like the sound of the Onkyo currently, but after my speaker choice I will need to listen to them in a shop I think... I also own a Sony TV, PS3, and I stream a lot of MP3s from my PS3 as well.

Money:
SP1: the Qs with the 2050i front and 2020i rears + stands for the rears is best price is £763
SP2: the Qs with the 2010i front and back standard package best price with pair of stands is £650

Amps are 609 is £399 and the Yamny £375

Total:
SP1 + Onkyo = £1,162 SP2 + Onkyo = £1,049
SP1 + Yam = £1,138 SP2 + Yam = £1,025

This comes into my budget (to buy in the next 4/5 months of savings or Credit card :S) but I believe I still have about £200 of cables to buy too.. and this is where I need your help if set-up SP1 is worth it as I found a package deal price for both the amps and the standard 2000i system at:

Onkyo with 2000i + stands = £1015 inc all cables (30m QED original speaker cable, 20 gold plugs, optical and coax lead and HDMI cable)

Yammy with 2000i + stands = £1009 inc all cables (same as above)

Any help and your professional opinion will be welcome, thank you.

Many Thanks in advance.
Ben.

If you hunt around you should be able to find your chosen packages slightly cheaper than you have quoted above. A quick search shows you can get the Onkyo for £379 at Richer sounds and the Q Acoustics 2020I for £595, google is your friend :D

The bundled cables show a value of being £200 but in reality what you get will be worth about £60-£70. Instead of the bundled option I got £65 knocked off my package and went out and bought the cables I wanted which are probably a better specification for the same £70.

I've listened to the 2050I in a stereo config and I thought they sounded very nice so I definitely think they would be a nice fit with your system.

Either of those amps will be good with the speakers but don't rule out the denon 1912 which is a fair bit cheaper and the same class of AVR as the Yamaha or Onkyo although I went through the same dilemma and ended up with the Onkyo.....

Last edited:
Thank you Deano for your quick response...
I think you have convinced me with the 2050is and to consider the cables at a later stage I think, thank you.

However, I cannot find the 2020i package at £595.. Found the amps a little cheaper though which is great. hopefully if a shop can make me listen to all the diff set-ups they will be able to give me some kind of discount instead of buying all components from different online shops..

The Cheapest 2050 I found is £220, and 2050i £378, i was also told that with the 2050is I can forget the 2070 sub from the system... Do you think this is correct?

The Denon is £100 cheaper than the other two so will have to listen to them.

So
fr speakers 2050i £378
rear speakers 2010i or 2020i £90 or £144 - are the 2020i necessary for rear speakers?
centre speaker 2000Ci £105
Sub (maybe optional) 2070Si £225 - will the 2050i have enough bass, some people seem to think so...
Stands per pair: £70
Cables: £100
AMPS:
NR609: £359
V671: £369
1912: £279

Because i will choose the front 2050is I cannot look for the packages anymore and need to choose from the above...
Next step is Demo... :)

Thanks again in advance for any more opinions, thank you
Ben.

Hi all,

I have emailed and left messages to 8 local retailers for a demo and non replied back.. Just dont undertsand they want to turn down business..

I live N7 North London. Anyone can receommend a Hi-Fi retailer.

I already contacted Bartlett, Graham, Super-fi, Sevenoaks locally with no luck.

Thank you

Ben

Demo Done!!

My first choice was either the Yamaha 671 or Onkyo 609.

Q Acoustic 2050i (not in stock)

Mission MX5s

B&W 684s

KEF Q500s

Despite being at a different price level from original thoughts I thought that the Onkyo on Stereo mode had a lot more control and power compared to the Yamaha. The Yamaha was good, but a softer more subtle sound, and I prefered the power of the Onkyo in stereo.

The Missions were no good for me and a lot was missing especially in the mid and low range and did not have much control with the amps of choice.

Then was the B&Ws which blew the Missions away and really liked them and were going to me the choice i was going to make until the retailer asked me to listen to the Q500s, similarly priced and they were amaing, by far better than the B&Ws with the Onkyo as amp choice. The soundstage and surrounding feeling the stereo did, was just great and there was no more listening to them and went for the dive.

I matched the Q500s with the rear Q100s and centre Q200 without the sub for now in order to stay within my budget, this will come at a later stage...

I could not find a reveiw of them on here, and as others, the Qs are a 100% trial for anyone looking for a new speaker...

Cant wait for the delivery to arrive Thursday and set them up!!! Smile

Will comment and make pictures for those interested next week Smile

Regards

ben

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom