• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Q acoustic 2000 question

wilsouk

Established Member
Hi,

Just bought Q acoustic 2000 5.1 set for my room which roughly 13ft x 7ft, looking at size of speakers is this overkill? Is the quality of these speakers going to be wasted in such a small room? i.e. the rear speakers are 5 ft apart when set up. Should I go for cheaper ones?

Cheers

Liam

wilsouk

Established Member
Have set them up and they sound great. But dont know if they are lot better than should be in a small room and taking advantage of their full potential and say some kef 1005.2 for £200 cheaper would be just as adequate. Its like when I worked in IT and people with little know how and more money than sense would buy £4000 iMac for surfing on amazon when the £1000 would have been more than enough. No I could be one of those people!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The QAs will be fine in your size room and will not be overkill, The extra extension on the lower frequencies you get on the QAs over say the 1005 will give real gains in sound quality as you will be taking pressure off the sub (i.e. will not have to produce frequencies higher up that it can struggle with). This should give you a more cohesive mid range and hence better sound. The QAs are by no means overkill for your room and you have spent your money wisely in my view.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom