PX200 Replacements (with L-shaped jack)?

R

Random Tox

My pair of Sennheiser PX200s have recently given up the ghost - the wires broke at the plug end, mainly due to me keeping my Ipod in my pocket all the time as I don't like using belt clips and/or cases.
The only phones I can find with a comparable sound quality and an L shaped jack are the Bose Triports but these are too expensive and I hear have a reputation for breaking.
Can anyone recommend something similar (in sound quality and price) to the PX200s - with an L shaped jack?

maix27

Novice Member
Haven't really got a sugestion for a replacement but I was going to post a near-identicle post about my PMX200, also dying a horible death as we speak due to exactly the same problem as you've had.

Is an L-shaped jack going to make that much difference?

I'll be having a look today for more headphones in a similar price bracket, so i'll let you know what i find!

KoThreads

Same story with px100 love em, got 2 pairs, but despite the 'extra strength' cable they just dont last. Does the 2 or 3 year, forgot how long, warrantee cover this? or is it wear & tear?

maix27

Novice Member
Thats a good idea, I've only had mine for 6 months. Still got the box too!

Have a feeling we've now hijacked this tread.

Back to the original question, I think I'm going to go for some PXC250s, just because they look so dam cool, bloody dear though!

I was looking at the EC3s but they're too expensive, are the Ec2's any good or is it better to save up for a bit?

R

Random Tox

Well looks like I found a pair yesterday - Sony MDR-710s. Very similar in design and cost the same too.
Sonically they're louder than the PX200s and don't have the same neutrality either (the sound is lot more 'forward' than the Sennheisers and believe it or not they're even bassier too). This I'm optimistically putting down to their newness and I'm hoping that they'll grow out of this.
One big drawback is the headband, it is just a thin strip of metal with no padding at all and this has a tendency to dig in to my head. However some surgery has seen the pads from my PX200s transplanted onto the Sonys which makes them much more comfortable!
Regarding the L-shaped jack, my assumption is that there should be nowhere near the same degree of wear on the join between jack and cable as it's closer to the Ipod, only time will tell though.

Top Bottom