PWD8 used hours counter?

StrongSilent

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I HAVE checked the manual, and searched the forum 'onest!
Anyone know how to get the menu up which shows number of hours the PWD8 has been used?

Cheers :smashin:

Try holding down the volume- button on the tv and pressing the info (under the power button) button on the remote three times quickly.

Sandman said:
Try holding down the volume- button on the tv and pressing the info (under the power button) button on the remote three times quickly.

Cheers Andy and Sandman!

Press and hold down the volume down button on the front panel and then press the status button three times quickly(within 1 sec) This takes you into the CAT mode.

You then select the SD mode by UP and Down on the remote then press the action button on the remote

PT is the cumulative Time for power on condition measured in hours
WT is the power on counter.

To exit the CAT mode access the ID mode and switch off the main power

I noticed a burned-in Sky News logo top left corner which I thought was odd.
I had the panel delivered on Saturday at 4pm, and already my PT is 94 hours.

I'm thinking I've been sold a used unit as a new one! More when I've spoken to the retailer tomorrow.

None of us watch Sky news!!

simon33 said:
Mind saying who you bought it from?

I don't mind at all, but in the interests of fairness I won't say until I give them a chance to prove me wrong. There are a number of very honest, very knowledgeable and extremely helpful retailers who are regular contributors here, so I really don't want to appear impulsive or hasty.

As soon as I'm sure I've been done I'll have no qualms making it very public.

they should be zero hours out of the box given that they normally come straight in from Panasonic to a depot then straight out to you via courier.

mep said:
they should be zero hours out of the box given that they normally come straight in from Panasonic to a depot then straight out to you via courier.

That's what I'd expect to be honest.
Leaving aside the dishonesty of being knowingly sold a used unit, this raises the bigger question of susceptibility to screen-burn.
I'm guessing it must have had 75 hrs when I received it.

yes, but it all depends.... what was it doing for those 75 hours?...stuck in a showroom on Sky news perchance?

Any updates yet? Have you phoned your retailer yet? If I were you and you are sure the screen burn wasnt caused by you I would be tempted to tell them you dont even have sky news available. Get it replaced asap!!
This kind of service is totally unaceptable.

Ok I spoke to the chap who handled my phone order last Friday. I first asked how I could check the number of hours a panel has been used and was told "oh I'm sorry you can only do that with projectors for lamp life" hmmm.
I then explained why I wanted to check this and I described the very clear "Sky News" embossed in my top left corner, upon which he offered "Well I did have to check your screen was working ok sir, and I believe it was Sky news it was displaying" yeah right - that would hardly account for so many hours.

I can only guess they only had a display model in my chosen colour and rather than lose the sale, chose to be creative. To make this even more annoying the pedestal delivered was silver (with a black inlay) and although didnt look too offensive, wasn't the the one he had previously confirmed they had in stock. Worse still it didnt come with the bolts which anchor the panel to the two prongs (not the screws which hold the prongs onto the stand).

He offered to send me out the correct stand if I could send them back the silver one. I asked how much the stand weighed, he said about 12 kilos... he then realised this wasn't the best suggestion he could have made.

He quickly asked to check with a colleague what could be done and call me back. Got a call back offering me a replacement, but not until the end of October as they had no charcoal ones in stock.

Overall shoddy and dishonest. Needless to say I'll be requesting a full refund and purchasing elsewhere. :mad:

Should I wait until I have a resolution to this before I say who they are?

No, say who they are.

I have had my pw8 for over a week and still have only done 82hours, that is 2 weeks it has been on for in the showroom at 8 hours a day, and if it was not set correctly then I am not surprised you have a logo burnt into the screen!

get them to confirm the swap out in writing if you haven't already.

They also seem very expensive compared with the guys on here, did you get them to price match?

mep said:
get them to confirm the swap out in writing if you haven't already.

MEP I would do, but one of the selling points was a 3rd year of back to base warranty. With this degree of blatant deceipt I' have no confidence in the outfit.
A full refund is the only sensible course of action.

Definitely get a refund.

gizlaroc said:
They also seem very expensive compared with the guys on here, did you get them to price match?

That's actually a good point. And you are right.

Seen better prices since ordering, so every cloud...

I bought from them, couldn't fault the service at the time. However, I've noticed that even though they have Google ads on this site saying £1277, it's £1399 on their website. Get them to pricematch their own advert!

Panasonic TH42PWD8 £1277
Our prices include UK vat free svideo board & av lead
www.spectrum-skytv.co.uk

I checked my hours after a couple of days and it was on zero when I received it. Hopefully yours is a one-off mistake.

SteveG said:
I bought from them, couldn't fault the service at the time. However, I've noticed that even though they have Google ads on this site saying £1277, it's £1399 on their website. Get them to pricematch their own advert!

Panasonic TH42PWD8 £1277
Our prices include UK vat free svideo board & av lead
www.spectrum-skytv.co.uk

I checked my hours after a couple of days and it was on zero when I received it. Hopefully yours is a one-off mistake.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve, I hadn't seen the google ad ;(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom