1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD7UY Dims when something bright is shown

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gendem, Feb 3, 2005.

1. gendem

gendem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have my 7UY hooked up to a PC. Video chipset is Intel 915G. Rez is 1280x720. WHat I've noticed is that the screen dims whenever something bright is displayed, like a dialog box or the file explorer. Is this a plasma thing or a PC thing?

...Mike

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    do you have Auto picture or "peak limit" on? this is designed for PC apps to prevent burn in (peak limit) Auto picture is self adjusting for ambientlight IIRC

3. gendem

gendem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it does the same thing when Auto, Cinema, standard modes are set, I'll have to check the Peak Limit thing. Is this a setting I can change, or a by-product of using a PC attached to it?

Thanks for the help!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i think you can turn peak limit off whenever mate

5. Nick_T

Nick_T
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The peak limit setting can be found under the Screen-Saver part of the setup menu. I think this is dissabled by default but I enabled it during the "run in" of the screen.

The AGC setting may also make a difference? I noticed the same thing on my screen when connected to a PC and was wondering the same thing but decided not to play around too much until the screen was run it properly.

I'm not planning on using the Plasma as a monitor for my PC much but I am still trying to find a decent resolution for it. There doesn't seem to be a proper 16:9 resolution which is supported (listed in the instructions) by the screen but 1280 x 720 seems to work well with some screen size and screen possition adjustment (Completed Half-Life 2 on this setting on the weekend)! Not as impressive as my Projector though :)