PWD7B + 42TM6Y component bizareness

P

pollarm

Hi,

I just picked up one of those PWD7B with 42TM6Y board + toshiba SD44 combos and have a really wierd issue.

I connect the dvd player to the board via the three component cables, select component output on the little switch at the back of the dvd player and select component signal input on the plasma setup for the relevant input and .... No Signal.
However, if in addition I connect the composite output from the dvd player to the HD input on the board ... it then picks up the component signal!?!?!
(strange thing to even try I know, but I'd been mucking about trying to get RGB to work from my xbox and had used the composite signal for sync and just thought I'd see what happened if I did something similar...?)

It makes no sense to me why this should be necessary to get the plasma to detect the component signal ... anyone any ideas???

Oh, and also ... if I then turn Prog Scan 'on' in the dvd menu I then go back to No Signal ... so I can get component, but not Prog Scan ... !?!?!?!?!!?!?

What IS going on???

Nick_T

Standard Member
Sounds odd, I got the same screen and terminal board myself. If you read the end of this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1436337 it will go into detail on various issues I have had with connection.

The component video in on the board doesn't use the HD or VD inputs at all so they shouldn't make any difference. Are you selecting the correct input? If the board is connected to slot 1 and slot 2 this will be input 2, if conencted to slot 2 and 3 this will be input 3. Also in the setup menu is the signal set to Component instead of RGB?

Have you changed the SYNC settings from anything other than auto?

P

pollarm

Nick,

Yeah ... it's Input 3 as it's in slots 2/3, set to Component and not messed and sync settings (don't think they apply to component)... isn't it strange!

hornydragon ... the board shares the same input for rgb and component ... the right things are connected.

P

pollarm

:D Nick!!! You're right!!
I HAD changed my RGB sync setting to VBS so it picked up a sync from a composite signal in the HD when using rgb ... I'm suprised it had an effect once I'd changed the input type to Component ... especially considering that the sync submenu doesn't appear when you have it set to Component!
But cheers ... that's sorted the dvd player .. prog scan and all! :D

And when my syncblaster arrives tomorrw I'll have rgb Sky and Xbox too ... woohoo!!! Cheer!!!! :smashin:

Nick_T

Standard Member
I also found the same thing pollarm. The SYNC setting is greyed out when the signal is set to component, but the setting you set when in RGB mode is kept when changing back to component. Very odd eh...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom