pwd7 well chuffed.

adymartin

Standard Member
Reaction score
well, had my pwd7 delivered today from avsales, got it up, turned it on!!

get in there!!! 10 times better than my techwood was. well chuffed!!

anyone wanna share their settings with me so I can have a play about can do, i've got it looking pretty sweet but i'm always open to advice.

anyone thinking about getting one of these, all i can say is....

Do it...do it now!!

Did u wall mount this badboy or stick it on the stand??

Any pictures you can post?

Very jealous...

Dal

Well I've had mine running just a little over 100 hours.

Got my contrast at about -17 and brightness about -7. Every now and again I change it a little. Depending on what I'm watching.

Tried the dymatic mode, just to see what it looked like. I think it looks a little too bright. :eek:

When I reach my 200 hours i shall turn up the contrast and brightness then.

I'm well inpressed with PQ on DVD's and Xbox.. :thumbsup:

i didn't pay much heed to the 200 hour thing (other than avioding fixed images / logos) to be honest and I've had no problems at all with my PW7, its up to each individual but i reckon its a bit of 'paranoia' based upon experiences with older screens....there is also no doubt that the pq imroves with time, though I'm still only up to 190 hours. I have contrast at 10 brightness at 0 sharpness at 6

200 hours is an age, i can't wait that long. it's bad enough having everything turned down, just itching to set it up how i want it. i reckon i'll give it 100 hours!!! 5 hours a day (turn on when in and off when bed), 7 days a week, that's the end of feb :clap:

my advice is wait a while before going mad with the settings. it will certainly try your patience though.

wall mounted mate, it's gotta be done, i'll try and post some pics for you soon.
not overly worried about the 200 hours thing, pwd7 is meant to be pretty resistant, my neighbour has an LG of some kind and didn't bother 'breaking it in' and has had no problems and he watches skyone literally all the time!! no logo burnt in. mind you, you do get adverts every 10 mins on skyone anyway!!

adymartin said:
wall mounted mate, it's gotta be done, i'll try and post some pics for you soon.
not overly worried about the 200 hours thing, pwd7 is meant to be pretty resistant, my neighbour has an LG of some kind and didn't bother 'breaking it in' and has had no problems and he watches skyone literally all the time!! no logo burnt in. mind you, you do get adverts every 10 mins on skyone anyway!!

You right gotta be wall mounted!

some pics would be good. if u get a chance

Dal

even the tiny didn't get any burn or image retention so I wasn't worried at all about the pw7

tried to post apic for you mate, but my photo is too big, it won't accept it, i have noidea how to resize it, sorry.

everything looks fine and dandy, still playing around with the settings and probably will be for the next few days.
i've sent you a pic, does you e-mail address have a space in it?

no mate its a underscore.

should be able to click on the email address and then it will open an email for you.

or just copy the address and paste it into your mail client

let me know if you get it, ignore the crap!! i'm still tidying up....keep getting distracted!! :)

Over the fireplace nice touch m8.

did u buy the wall braket from AV aswell?? easy to put up?? just so i know what im in for next week.

I assume you got someone else to help you fit it up onto the wall?

Dal

wall bracket was free with the deal i got.
did it all by myself believe it or not, piece of cake, would be easier with two tho'. but on my own i just lifted it onto my shoulder and hooked it on. no worries!!

bracket is the tilting one, but i have mine fixed straight, no need to tilt, personal preference i suppose. it's solid and comes with clear instructions.

piece of cake mate, you're gonna be well chuffed!!

hope so fella. got a Demo tomorrow - ;0)

will post back my impressions.

Enjoy the Plasma, loads of sport on this weekend so im sure your be sorted!

Cheers

Dal

just watched I robot on my new set up. tops, picture is just unbelievable!!

watched a couple of sky movies last night and it was near DVD quality, cannot praise this set enough. it just keeps kicking my arse!!! i'm embarrassed to still have the techwood in the same house. (getting picked up tomorrow)

see ya!! :thumbsup:

i think i saw a techwood in Dixons (may have got the name wrong?)

How does it look on BBC1 at the moment with the footy on???

I was impressed with the demo today, one minute im going to order one on Monday the next im gonna keep my 32" Wega screen.

Dal

it's all good man, all good! even sky footy is ok. no problems,

knightrider is on, thats good too!!

albion deserved that!!

adymartin said:
it's all good man, all good! even sky footy is ok. no problems,

knightrider is on, thats good too!!

albion deserved that!!

I dont know dude. as a spurs fan i think we did ok in the end.

although i agree they where the better team first half.

do i order the screen or not.......... :suicide:

Dal

ill be making the call frst thing in the morning and put my order in!!

Cant wait!

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom