PWD7...Want to upgrade!!

BizBo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the panasonic PWD7 and to be honest think its a stunning panel and have been really impressed with PQ, however as you all know it doesn't really do HD, now I am thinking of going down the SKY+HD version and when the HD DVD/BluRay come that path also.

So do I stick with the Panasonic range or go for the pioneer? I saw a pioneer in curries and was suitably impressed, however the question is would the new pioneer out class my existing PWD7, I know the PWD wont stand a chance against the pioneer in HD mode.

I also run my xbox360 through the panel on highdef through VGA and that impresses the **** out of me...

Over to the experts...

Thanks in advance

BizBo

Really, is there that much difference?

ALso it does mean I can't upgrade skyHD yet...correct, as my PWD7 won't support it?

BizBo

you can still get sky hd, but obviously it won't be shown in hd on your panel

i'm sure it'll still look great on the pw7 though

how about the phd8, they're going (relatively) cheap at the minute given the imminent arrival of the it's replacement (ph9) check out the forum offers for some cheap prices

BizBo said:
Really, is there that much difference?

ALso it does mean I can't upgrade skyHD yet...correct, as my PWD7 won't support it?

BizBo
the PW7 will down scale HD so fit its pixels, and will look stunning your xbox 360 if outputting HD (should be) and the panel is downscaling difference between the best SD panels and best HD panels isnt huge (PW7 was best SD at the time) Ph9 should be second best HD (Fujitsu 58 series which uses panasonic glass is best ATM)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom