PWD7 vs PWD8

lukassk

Standard Member
Hi there !!

Is there is a lot difference in picture quality between those two screen. Does anyone compared those two panels. My brothers is thinking about getting a plasma screen and apart from better HD compability a cant justify spending extra money on PWD8

shaithis

What is the difference in cost?

If its around £100-£150 you can justify the 8 by the fact you don't need to buy a component board for it as the VGA port is bi-wired for component.

Other then that, I am not sure how much difference there would be in PQ.....I have seen the PWD6 and PWD7 side-by-side many times and can't tell them apart, I would wager it would be the same with the PWD8.

lukassk

Standard Member
there is a deal for PWD7 in richersound and for 999 you have component board included and for PWD8 the cheapest I've found is 1120 and then you have to add video board for another 150 pounds so its like 300 pounds difference

UKseless1

lukassk said:
there is a deal for PWD7 in richersound and for 999 you have component board included and for PWD8 the cheapest I've found is 1120 and then you have to add video board for another 150 pounds so its like 300 pounds difference

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you then have to purchase this in conjunction with an extended warranty to get the screen at £999 from Richers, so before you know it you really are already in PWD8 territory.

Get the 8, HD Compatibility might not be a high priority now but the increment to get this functionality is minimal and as Shaithis says, the VGA port will accept Component on the 8 whereas it will not on the 7.

lukassk

Standard Member
I've asked them the same question and they said that you dont have to get any protection plan to get that deal

UKseless1

lukassk said:
I've asked them the same question and they said that you dont have to get any protection plan to get that deal

I would still stick with the PWD8, if offers slightly more flexibility which might well be worth having. Lets face it at over a grand your brother will no doubt want to keep it for a good few years. In that time he might want to try the Sky HD service, with the 7 he will not be able to once they switch on HDCP encryption.

lukassk

Standard Member
UKseless1 said:
I would still stick with the PWD8, if offers slightly more flexibility which might well be worth having. Lets face it at over a grand your brother will no doubt want to keep it for a good few years. In that time he might want to try the Sky HD service, with the 7 he will not be able to once they switch on HDCP encryption.

Yes I think this is what I will recommend to him. Is there is any place in West London (or Middlesex) where I can demo PWD8 ?

Thanks

Gussie

You're not going to get many people to advise you to go for the £999 PWD7 deal.

AV-Sales sell the PWD8 for £1245 that includes a stand or wall mount and delivery.

The PWD8 as delivered has VGA/Component and Composite/S-Video inputs and a 2 year Panasonic warranty. And it is fully HD-Compatible via the supplied Component interface or an optional HDMI board.

If you ...

dont require any stand/wallmount,
dont care about HD-Compatibility
wish to collect it yourself
are content with a one year warranty
not bothered about where one year old stock has been kept

- then go ahead and purchase from Richersounds.

I and many others would not!

Gussie :)

lukassk

Standard Member
Ok I think I am quite convinced about PWD8 but know it would be nice to see this screen in action. Anyone knows place where I could see thta screen ??

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom