PWD7 v's PHD7

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the differences between these 2 models - I know the PHD7 is high resolution etc. but I would to know whats good and whats bad about both. Did I read somewhere about a slight problem with the PHD7, something to do with brightness???

Do they both basically have the same contrast/black levels etc...

I am still leaning towards the new PV500 if it is any good - but I do prefer the panel look...come on PHD8 :(

The PHD7 has an issue with fluctuations in the level of blacks on s-video. In truth, you have to be picky to notice it, my wife has no clue what I am talking about, and we watch one every day. It has better processing than the PWD, shows far less solarization, and of course the higher resolution can be made to show more detail. If only it took 720p, or native res better still, at 50 Hz on DVI. We watch at an FRC 60Hz, but then we regard golf as a good walk spoiled, and footy as 22 fools running after a bit of leather, so that's the main issues out of the window.

MAW said:
The PHD7 has an issue with fluctuations in the level of blacks on s-video.

...only seems to apply to the 42", 50" do not seem to suffer from this.

If you ever want to put your PC through ther plasma for internet/music etc. the HD option is really the only choice.

...then there is HD television...... yawn........ but that's been done to death!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom