PWD7 to PX70

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by is1111, May 4, 2007.

1. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    really like the style and look of the panasonic 42PX70ped and with prices being pretty good just now can anyone comment on the performance compared to 42" PWD7.
    really like my pwd7 but the fact it is not hd is always at the back of my mind. i watch sky+ thru js tech convertor and play xbox360 thru component board.
    great screen and have no complaints about it but getting sky hd soon so think i need to look towards new screen.
    also like the look of the PZ700 but not sure if the extra expense will be worth it to get 1080p.
    keep reading that at 42" there isn't noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p but would be nice to have 1080p as hopefully pick up ps3 soon as well.

appreciate any comments and advice
    cheers

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    I would be careful, I think the PW7 is probably slightly better.
    Swap for a PHD9 and I think you would be well chuffed, not so sure the PX would do it for you though.

3. ted26

ted26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

I think you are right in terms of sd but hd will be better on the px70 or at least it is on mine.But the PHD9 has to be the better choice of the 2 :)

4. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    well my sky hd box is due next week so going to hook this up to my pwd7 short term via component.
    going to try and have a look at the px70 to see what its like in the flesh. just noticed that a ph10 is due soon as well but i can't find much information on it at all:confused:
    with ph10&pz series due soon i think i really need to show some patience for a change and see what they bring.
    need to see how all the prices settle down too once they are released.