1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD7/Pace 1000 NTL box - lipsynch

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Selectortone, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Selectortone

Selectortone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my 42PWD7 for a month now and am really happy with it.

I re-decorated the lounge as part of the deal with She Who Must Be Obeyed and the screen and av system was relocated to a different part of the room at the same time.

Previously my NTL box was on a mains timer which switched it off every night at 3:00 am for 15 minutes to re-boot it, a trick I picked up from an NTL forum to reduce problems with NTL's crappy delivery system - slow channel switching response, channels hanging up, getting out of synch with the remote - anybody who has an old NTL box will know what I'm talking about.

Last night - co-incidentally while watching the toothless Watchdog non-event - I noticed that the audio was a little out of synch. In fact, because of paranoia from reading all the threads on this subject, I have been watching for this like a hawk and had suspected it was slipping out of synch for a couple of days beforehand.

My NTL box has not been on the timer since I moved it so I tried a little experiment and re-booted it.

Lo and behold - lips and pics back in perfect synch.

Worked for me, might not for you, but if you have an NTL box and lipsynch problems it might be worth a try....

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Yeah, I have noticed that flicking up and down a channel can normally sort out any lipsync issues.

Would also agree with the "If in doubt reboot the STB" approach!!! :D

Also like the idea of the timer for reboots...nice! :thumbsup: