1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD7 and resolutions other then 852x480

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by shaithis, Aug 4, 2005.

1. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I set a HTPC up for a freind this last few days using a PWD7 connected via VGA.

The system runs very nice in the screens native resolution but my freind wanted to see the system running higher resolutions due to web surfing and just general windows use being difficult as such a low res.

No matter what resoultion I choose (was trying 1280x720 mainly due to recomendations here but tried every widescreen res) an amount of screen was lost due to overscan, in all 4 direction....and I could not find any way to correct the overscan.

Anyone have any ideas? or do people live with this overscan? (You can only see a bit of the taskbar for instance)

The system runs off of a GeForce4 MX and running the latest Detonators FWIW.

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    I am running 1024 x 576 on my PW7 with no overscan problems,
    You should be able to reduce the overscan either within the nvidia driver settings, or if it has the same menu as my PW7 in the picture position/size menu of the panel.

lisa