PWD6's death of a much-loved pixel

maxipaxi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I purchased a TH-42PWD6 from RS one week ago thinking that it would be the best place in London for such shopping, :oops: then by chance I discovered this great forum with all its wise people and realized that "maybe" I was wrong; never the less, after watching a couple of dvds on my new panny, and also reading and trying to absorbe as much information as possible from this forum I was still very happy with my plasma choice (I must confess that if I could go back I would go for a silver TH-PWD7 from AV Sales).

A week later and to my horror I discovered a dead pixel :( , what to do now?
Shall I try to get it exchanged by mentioning the deceased pixel, try to get a refound by saying that I am not happy and get the PWD7 (too good to be true), or forget about the whole thing and organize a little funeral for the poor pixel no longer with us?

Any advice will be appreciated! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

You'll probably not get an exchange for the dead pixel as it's well within the manufacturers tollerance.

You could of course just tell them you don't like it and get a refund that way.

John

maxipaxi said:
Hi everyone

I purchased a TH-42PWD6 from RS one week ago thinking that it would be the best place in London for such shopping, :oops: then by chance I discovered this great forum with all its wise people and realized that "maybe" I was wrong; never the less, after wacthing a couple of dvds on my new panny, and also reading and trying to absorbe as much information as possible from this forum I was still very happy with my plasma choice (I must confess that if I could go back I would go for a silver TH-PWD7 from AV Sales).

A week later and to my horror I discovered a dead pixel :( , what to do now?
Shall I try to get it exchanged by mentioning the deceased pixel, try to get a refound by saying that I am not happy and get the PWD7 (too good to be true), or forget about the whole thing and organize a little funeral for the poor pixel no longer with us?

Any advice will be appreciated! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

Well, i would get a refund if i was you

you have up to 2 weeks at rs to exchange with no reason.

I changed my first plasma LG ZMPZPZMPZMZPMZ 17 for a Panasonic PW5 (now relegated to the bedroom) this way

Hi
Thanks for your replies, I phoned rs and have been told that they changed their policy 2 days after I got my plasma...
I told them that since I purchased the goods "before" the change of policy they could still get me a refund and their reply was that I would have to get in touch with costumer service tomorrow and if it is agreed I could exchange it but not get a refund simply because I don't like it, as that was never their policy.

Even assuming that they will agree I don't think I would want to swap my panny for any of the plasma that they have in stock (I cannot afford the Pioneer PDP43MXE1).

Any suggestions? :(

Tell customer service that the store was a total disgrace, and tried to blackmail you with non factual facts that you could not change this plasma due to the policy changing, even though it changed AFTER you bought the plasma. Go on to say you always go to Richer sounds for your items, and feel let down by this. Then, go on to say, that if they want to repair the damage to your confidence in richer sounds then you want a full refund.

That is the only way i can see you getting a refund, putting pressure on, where they won't like it most.

...it's easier than that!

The 'returns policy' forms part of the contract under the Sale of Goods Act, which you entered into when you bought the goods from RS. Whilst they are at liberty to change their returns policy, they cannot do so with existing contracts without informing you in writing beforehand. I am asuming that they did not do this, and are therefore in breach of procedure, and cannot inforce the new policy on an exisiting contract.

Da daaa

You could also tell them that you have been to the Companies House Web site and paid the £4.70 (I think) to obtain Julian Richer's home address, and will be writing to him as well!!

Section 15 of the terms and conditions.

"Either of us shall have the right to terminate the contract between us without penalty within 14 days from the date we accept your order. In the event of termination we will gladly refund to you all sums paid to us and you shall return any goods that we have despatched to you."

Hi

Thank you all very much, I will be phoning rs costumer service tomorrow and make my case using all the advices received. :lesson:

Will let you know the outcome.

Once again: thank you! :hiya:

I had one dead pixel on a plasma, only 1 week after purchase. Curry's engineer (mastercare) had no hesitation in ordering a replacement. good luck. :thumbsup:

Ok, spoke to costumer service and have been told that I cannot get a refund as Section 15 of the terms and conditions only applies for internet sales (need to check on that), however I'm now going to write to Julian Richer...don't think it will make much of a difference but...

Bye for now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom