PWD6 -v- PWD7 cost

H

heimi

ok, I have read a bunch of stuff on here, icluding most of the 'beginner' thread and i have a simple question!

I can get a pwd6 from (boooo hissss!) RicherSounds for £1199, or I can get a PWD7 from a variety of places for about £1500 (and a bit). Both without cards, or stand or anything, I know.

ASIDE from the RicherSounds bashing, etc, etc, in simple monetary terms, is the PWD7 worth £350 more than the PWD6?

Ta
Mr Newbie

well thr PWD6 is £1199 nothing included, PED7 is £1500 ish delivered with a mount £120 worth so its £180 more for 7 with delivery........ Up to you mate but if you want silver it has to be a 7 charcoal then they both have there + points depending how you want to use them....

Thanks for the speedy reply 'hornydragon'. When you refer to a 'mount', do you mean a bracket to put it on the wall? Who is doing this offer?

In terms of how I want to use it - I will just be connecting a DVD player via component and a Sky+ box via one of these JS RGB to VGA thingys. I have all the sound stuff covered separately.

The 1199 price is ONLY if you also take out an extended warranty for 10% of the price, ie 119.

Therefore the price comparison should be 1199+119 for PW6 with warranty.
+ 109 for wall mount at AV forums discount
or
1500 + 199 for PW7 and mount with warranty.

I personally went with the PW6 from richer sounds + AV-sales Wallmount and RGB>VGA converter and was very pleased with both purchases.
I mainly did this because I didn't want to spend £1500 on the internet and liked the idea of gettin git from a shop. The Av-sales wall mount is very good
build quality and easy to fit

yes i mean a desk stand or a wall mount, you cant have read much of the beginner thread........ the name is in every 3rd post...... http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/ht...h-42pwd7bk.html mate..................

AV-Sales offerings seem to change on a daily basis (which is what you would expect of a company that is keeping up with the market).

For example, yesterday when I looked at the PW7 Silver, it was £1750 (I think) but included stand and card. Today it is £1526 with no 'freebies'.

Your link, though still LIVE, points to a page and offer which does not seem to be available from navigation via the home page.

For example - your link shows £1514 including a free mount, but if you navigate through the menu it is £1525 with no 'freebies'.

So don't know whether your link is still a valid offer or whether it is just pointing to a old page on the web site which hasn't been deleted yet.

Cheers,

Nigel

nigel the page i linked to is an AV-forums members special offer not a general Joe Bloggs offer........I am pretty sure if anyone wants to order all they need to do is Drop Alistair Collie a PM for AV forums pricing

PS AV-sales TADL assist warranty (extra 2 years on site) is now £179

Well, seems like the charcoal PWD6 offer at RS is the way to go for me - irresistable! I don't like the look of the stand that av sales do with the PW7 and I can't find a single decent technological reason (for me) to spend the extra on a PW7. HDMI isn't relevant (even despite the well discussed probs), and there doesn't seem to be anything else to sway me towards the 7. Am I missing something?!

heimi said:
Am I missing something?!

I dont think so no....

For the benefit of the silver bezel, Panasonic have IMHO positioned the new
7-series terribly against the older 6-series, theyve not shouted about any
new features, options or technologies (if there are any) so why spend the
extra couple of hundred quid for (almost...) nothing.

I hope the pricing on the 7-series comes to match the older 6-series soon or
people will be asking this question time and time again mark my words!

Thanks, Stevie. I was beginning to think I was going mad. Looks like the nice man at Richer Sounds will be getting a visit from me on my way home tonight... :clap:

I wish the different stores would get their stories straight! I was told £1199 at my local store with an extra 15% (£180) for the extra in home warranty.

By the way, the man checked his computer in my local RS and told me that they had over 300 of these PWD6's in total in the UK.

heimi said:
I wish the different stores would get their stories straight!
Thats RS for you......
300 eh well thats quite a bit of stock, just make sure the box sayd PWD6BX If they end in EX they are not UK stock but Euro grey imports.....panel spec is the same, but the warranty is different RTB for EX and in home for BX so something to take note of

helipilot,

can i just confirm that you got the pwd 6 at rs for 1199 for display only or 1249 with 3 years warranty in glasgow?? ie 3 years??

cheers

can i just confirm that you got the pwd 6 at rs for 1199 for display only or 1249 with 3 years warranty in glasgow?? ie 3 years??

yes! and its an in home warranty not return to base. I am told if a problem occurs a replacement screen will be left if off site repair is required. Also worthy of note is that it is a TH-42PWD6BX. This means that it is UK specification not a grey import.

I'm thinking of getting the Panny TH37PW7 from HERE !! much cheaper than any where I've seen. You can get Plasma + Scart Board + Wall bracket for around £1400

Let me know what you think !

Thanks for the info helipilot. It says on the website 1250 home warranty but doesnt say 3 years. My local branch said one year :( Might give ur glasgow branch a ring to find out why there is a difference....

cheers

plasmosis said:
Thanks for the info helipilot. It says on the website 1250 home warranty but doesnt say 3 years. My local branch said one year :( Might give ur glasgow branch a ring to find out why there is a difference....

cheers

I was in Richer Sounds last week and the offer is basically this:

Screen costs £1299 (web price £1249, which they should match if you ask)

but if you take out the 3 year warranty for £179, then the screen price is £1199, so total price about £1380.

The have posters up with both prices. If someone got the 3 year warranty for £1249 all in, they should keep quiet, but my guess would be they in fact only have the 1 year warranty.

I bought the PWD7 42" as I decided I wanted a Silver bezel.....yeah it's a lot of money for a bezel, but I found a deal for the screen and free component board for £1480, including delivery.

thanks ruddyroad. I hope you dont mind me asking, did your deal include any mounts??

plasmosis said:
thanks ruddyroad. I hope you dont mind me asking, did your deal include any mounts??

And - where was the deal!? Am looking to 'take the plunge', so as many options as possible needed!

I'm thinking of doing the av-sales offer which comes with a stand but by the time I add a component board and RGB to VGA box and 2 yr warranty it will cost £1800. As I don't really care about a "7" in the model number I'd prefer to go the richer sounds route as it's a chunk less money - but where do I get the component card from then? The richer sounds deal seems to be just a bare screen, and when looking for the boards I've generally seen them with the plasmas themselves and 'not sold separately' as with av-sales.

Any help appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom