1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD6 Ordered + My Plasma Saga

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Peabo, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm probably quite late to this party but I've just ordered the Panasonic PWD6 from AV-Sales. I'm pretty new to the world of Plasma TVs and so far it's been a difficult and frustrating expreience!

I orignally bought a Samsung PS42V4SX from Hughes Direct for £1499 and all was working fine for about a week. The TV then developed a bright blue vertical line of dead pixels which was visible no matter what. I called Hughes Direct and they arranged a replacement. 4 more of these lines appeared before the TV was replaced. The new TV was fine for about 2-3 weeks and then the same thing happened again. I called Hughes Direct again and they told me lots of people had been reporting this fault with the Samsung so I asked for a refund. The TV was picked up on the 31st of December and due to all the bank holidays, the refund only came through today.

I just got off the phone with AV-Sales having ordered the Panasonic 42" PWD6 with wall-mount, Scart board, Component/SVHS/Composite board for just under £1700. They say it'll be with me by Monday or Tuesday so here's hoping for a better expereience and a TV that will last me longer than a sea-monkey!

I'll be sure to give my impressions of the Panasonic in comparison to the Samsung too!

- Peabo

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Good choice cant go wrong with the panny.

3. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I've heard :D ...anyone want to buy a tilting wall-mount for 42" Samsung plamas? ;)