1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD6 & its built-in amp/speaker terminals

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by converse120, Oct 28, 2004.

1. converse120

converse120
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking off driving a couple of speakers direct from my PWD6 and having Sky connected directly to it (rather than via my AV amp), so that my wife can just switch on the panel and ‘watch the telly’ without having to mess about with the AV amp as well.

I was hoping to use the VGA input (I’ve got JS Tech RGB2YUV and 3RCA to 15pin d-sub (at least I think that’s the proper name for it)), but how do I get audio in to the panel? Or can’t I, when using this input? Alternative would be to send video and audio to the component board, which I know works, and use the VGA input for DVD only (whose audio would always go through the amp).

Cheers

2. EpsomJames

EpsomJames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have driven some Mission speakers direct from the PW6 and it's ok up to a point. I actually picked up some cheap PW6 speakers and they are fine for normal TV viewing.

You can't get audio into the panel if using VGA so you'd have to go for your second option of sending SKY to the terminal board and either use the VGA for DVD...or get a second terminal board for DVD/SKY...or depending on your DVD player feed Sky into the DVD and out through the component.