1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD6 interferes with Rotel 969 remote ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by chachi, Sep 16, 2004.

1. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone seen anything like this?

Since redoing the lounge, the hifi is now on the other side of the room from where it was, and now sits roughly 2m to the left and 1m in front of our Panny PWD6 plasma. Never had a problem with remote controlling the hifi by itself or whilest viewing Sky/DVD/etc when it was in the prior position.

Once the plasma is on, the hifi only responds to every "Nth" button push, regardless if I am 1ft or 15ft away from it. The moment the plasma screen is switched off all works fine as can be. New batteries in the remote of course and triple checked the IR window on the remote and sensor on the RSP-976 to be sure there was no smear/dust/etc blocking anything.

Anyone heard of plasmas (and/or the PWD6 specifically) causing such problems?

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Plasmas are known to interfere with IR controllers.
    I have my kit facing away from my Pw5 for this reason.

3. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I am going to try a second IR bit pointing away from it

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Chachi, the final solution to this is in fact in another post here, put your kit in a cupboard, use an IR sender, the pickup of which you hide under the lower edge of the screen, where there is no IR from the plasma (unless you live in a house of mirrors of course, I've known this foul it up!)

5. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'll likely just place another IR sensor nearer to myself and connect it to the aux remote in on the back of the RSP-976 (with the requisite 12v rather than 9v power block since its Rotel ...)

Must admit this whole issue escaped my pre-plasma checks :(

6. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mods ... pls close