1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pwd6 dvd playback question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jimbo2, Oct 18, 2004.

1. jimbo2

jimbo2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello all, massive amount of info to trawl through on this great forum i know but any advice greatly appreciated!! Anyway, after having my pwd6 for a couple of months now i`m now starting to hanker after an upgrade! I have numerous sources,(couple sat recievers,pace twin,ps2,vcr and finally dvd player) all connected through quintro scart box on r.g.b, except vcr of course. I`m actually very happy with all the results into the much criticized scart board apart from maybe the dvd picture.I have played dvd from my p.c into the vga port and yes the colours are a little more vibrant and the VERY slight shimmer on straight edges dissapears when compared to scart input playback. Having seen a friends dvd player in action(pioneer 565 and philips pixel-plus crt widesreen t.v) the picture seemed more life-like and fluid than on mine.(even though his was straight rgb scart, not progressive). Anyway, i`m unsure if its more to do with my connection setup or the limitations of my dvd player. I have a 3-4 year old sony dvp-cx850 player which for conveniance is great with its disc storage but is it up to todays standard for picture quality? I`m playing with the idea of new component board and suitably equipped dvd player to match when funds allow.Its a shame my dvd player does`nt have component outputs, scart to component adaptors are available i know but i`m not really sure there`d be any real advantage to this. I know the much praised scart to vga adaptor would give improvements but like i said i`m quite happy with all my gear apart from the dvd picture. Sorry for length of post, any ideas/advice would be appreciated, cheers :)

2. thedude

thedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,611
    ok you have a budget? any perticular amount? and do you have the Component board?
    if you got the money go get yourself a tosh with prg scan they are quite cheap, if you want something a lil more upmarket check out the latest arcam equipment they seem to be the dogs doodas.