Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PWD6 - Connections and cables

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by noikz, Dec 30, 2004.

1. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Ive just bought a PWD6 today from RS. (£1500 inc Scart board and Vivanco WMS7501PS bracket).

Can you get a cable that goes from DSUB > YPbPr component? I've looked but I couldnt find any. I'm sure I saw someone mention one whilst I was reading up on the screen. I also remember someone posting that you cannot adjust RGB levels when using the DSUB connection. Is this true?

I'm still not 100% sure how I am going to connect everything up (DVD Player with component, DVDr with component, SKY+, Xbox, PS2)

I reluctantly bought the scart teminal board. I wanted to be able to use the screen straightaway and RS didnt have the component board in stock. I can see the noise that people mention. I was planning on getting a component card and component switcher for Xbox, PS2, DVD and a SCART > DSUB converter for the SKY+ box.

I also have a MS Media Center PC nearby which I was considering using on the dsub but its not desperatly important.

Apologies if I'm repeating what other people have already asked, I just wanted an opinion on my particular setup plus the question regarding the cable. :)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Why not have the dvd-r on rgb loopthrough the sky+ box via the scart in ... the dvd on component in (new card), the xbox & ps2 on a component switch cable on a component in (new card) and the pc on the vga/dsub ?

Jon