1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pwd6 cabling....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tonycommander, Nov 27, 2004.

1. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    What cable do I need to plug a panny e55 recorder (using it's component out) straight into my pwd6's VGA input?

have asked my local independant store, but they were not sure this would work.

Also, have I read right that this would loose my automatic aspect ratio switching for this input?

Not to much of a problem while ever I push SKY+ through the scart card.

Soooo, I thought I'd ask guys that were good at this sort of thing... ie, you lot!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    tonycommander

You require a VGA Breakout cable to three or five RCA connectors. Here's one example - though other retailers on the AV Forums have alternative brands.

See http://www.bettercables.com/vgato5rcas.html

For YUV Video from your DVD player a 3RCA to HD15(VGA) is all you require - though some folk like to install the 5RCA to HD15 cable in case they ever revert to RGBHV into the HD15 socket.

If you use an HD15 to 5RCA cable with a YUV Component video signal you simply ignore the Yellow and White RCA plugs.

SCART is the only Plug/Socket that offers you Auto aspect switching.

Once you install either of the above cables to your PWD6 you go into the Set up menu and set the HD15 (VGA) socket to 'Component'.

Best regards

Joe