PWD6 and Fortec Star Passion HD Receiver

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by PLASMABABBY, Sep 10, 2007.

1. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Could any kind and knowledgeable person please advise whether the following would get BBC HD channel on to my 42" Panasonic PWD6 Panel?

Using a Component to VGA cable, could I just connect the component output from a Fortec Star HD Receiver (£149 from Maplins) to the VGA socket on the PWD6 (without using any kind of converter)? Would I also need to swap the single LNB for a twin or Quad one to be able to connect the dish to the receiver?

Would the SD channels also be available using this method and would I see an improvement in SD Picture Quality at all, bearing in mind that I am present feeding the signal from my basic Sky Box into the VGA socket using a JS Scart to VGA converter?

Please be gentle with me as I have only limited knowledge mostly acquired from the friendly, helpful people and experts on these Forums. I might have used the right words but not sure if they are all in the right places.

If this would not work - could anyone please tell how it could be done? I also have a Scart Board in the PWD6 if that information helps.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Plasmababby

2. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I found a similar question to this in another thread where UKseless1 suggests that if using a Sky HD box you could feed the component out from the Sky Box to an amp such as an Onkyo and then into the VGA port of the PWD6.

Whilst this partly addresses my questions, I wanted to feed the HD signal from the Fortec Star Passion directly into the VGA port without sending it through another device such as a converter or amp.

I also note from the spec of the Fortec Star that the Scart Sockets don't output RGB. Is this a major disavantage?

So I'm still not any further forward. Perhaps the nightshift may have some ideas.

Regards to all who ponder on this issue.

Plasmababby

3. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'll give this a boost just in case someone can help!