1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PWD Sound Solution

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by qwiksilver, Oct 23, 2005.

1. qwiksilver

qwiksilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic PWD8 is a panel and therefore requires some sort of sound solution.

I will be running a dedicated PC based media centre via my panel. I already have a PC Based Sound Audigy 2 (http://www.descom.be/images/geluidskaarten/creative_audigy2_zs_platinum.jpg) system which includes 24-bit 7.1 DD Surround sound and an external box with 1 x optical & 1 x phono audio inputs. Will this work as well as all these other AV boxes discussed in the forum?

Secondly, I was going to get the JS Scart -> VGA for my Sky+, but need the VGA for the computer input. Any ideas or solutions to this problem?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    how about the js scart to component? also, the scart board for the 8s is very good anyway

3. qwiksilver

qwiksilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responce mep.

I don't have a spare component port. I was thinking about the 8's scart video board. Is the JS Scart -> VGA better than the Scart board and if so; by much?

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    very hard to say on the 8...I found the scart good enough to move the js box thru to my PW7.