1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pw7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by don-tucker, Sep 22, 2005.

1. don-tucker

don-tucker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys
    Am I just lucky ?I have a 37" PW7 that came with a scart input board,I have connected a NTL box,DVD,VCR and an AV Receiver though a scart auto switcher to the board,everything works great,I know I'm getting on a bit but the PQ is excellent,I have a PC connected to the VGA input and control it all with a One For All remote,I have read most of the threads on plasmas and can't help thinking I'm missing out somewhere,perhaps someone could let me know.I have had a few minor problems mainly because I've been too tight but now even the wife is happy,and that takes some doing.
    Don

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    you could get a compenent board for your dvd and you could get an rgb to vga converter for NTL (but you use vga for pc) but if you're happy why change anything?

3. don-tucker

don-tucker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks mep, I suppose that's the comment I was looking for.
    Don

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I know what you mean though, I keep thinking about upgrading to a scaler or hd screen or both....it's an illness :) in reality I have an excellent picture and should wait a year before i worry about hd

5. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    mep,

Illness here too! The PHD8 looks really good, even better with a Lumagen HDP. Been playing with the old PHD7 for much of today with a DVDO HD.

I am going round in circles. Scalers make a big difference (but are biggish money), the HD panels are much better than the SD panels (but much more money). SD panel plus Lumagen HDP better than PHD8 without the scaler? It is a close call, but if you are inputting non HD sources then the scaler route wins IMHO.

PHD8 + Lumagen HDP outputting 720p to the DVI card is looking very good. Feed it Euro 1080 and it looks stunning - Sky HD here we come!

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    well if you can't figure it out mate what hope have i got :)........I'm almost certain to go PHD8, its just a case of when......£2k ish is fine but then another £1300 for an HDP.....I think I'd go without it first and see.....and probably end up adding one 6 months later or something (then I'll need you for 2 more lots of calibrating!)...my brain hurts

7. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    My brain is hurting too! PWD6 + Lumagen HDP better than PHD8 without the scaler on non-hi def material? How much high def material is going to be available in the next 12 months? The non-high def stuff is out there now, the Lumagen makes a big difference to it now, the high def stuff is coming but in what quantity? HDP now is my conclusion, but I am a little biased!!

8. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    but what about HDP with PWD7 (can't go in component on vga...does that matter)?.......are you dealing Lumagens?