1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 won't accept Prog Scan from 2910...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Paolo, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Paolo

Paolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Spent the weekend trying to set-up my new Denon DVD 2910 with my PW7 (via a Denon AVR 2805).

I've got the component board on the PW7 but the only way I can get audio and picture to appear is if I set the 2910 to output an interlaced signal (via component). No matter what option I try (HDMI/DVI set to off and everything else) I can't get Progressive Scan to work... :mad:

Reading the forums I was expecting the Prog Scan PQ to be superior and would love to see how it compares to interlaced (even though this is far superior to my previous input from a PS2 !)

Can anyone help ???

2. Anthall

Anthall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I reackon you will get a better picture with your DVD outputting an
    interlaced picture and allow the panel to de-interlace the signal.

I found the picture to be better this way!?!?

Im sure a few people will agree. :confused:

3. skegger

skegger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have the same amp and DVD player and have exactly the same problem with a PAN TH37 PE30 . I have called Panasonic and they have advised that it could be because the DVD player has been modified . I am trying to get my hands on a non modified DVD player to see if there is still a problem. Have you managed to get round the problem ?.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I haven't tried with a PW7, but I've had a 2910 running with prog scan and a PHD7, I'm sure it's nothing to do with the amp. I would persist with trying, the 2910 is likely to show an improvement with progressive over interlaced. A cheap player would not necessarily show this, but we could harly describe a 2910 as 'cheap'.

5. mr_incredible

mr_incredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With progressive scan you have two sources working together. You have the dvd player outputting p/s and the tv de-interlacing. The thing to realise or figureout is that the tv is doing the same or a better job of progressive scan/de-interlacing than the dvd player. Thats why when you turn p/s off on the dvd you still get the same picture quality on the tv as the tv is doing a good job of p/s (de-interlacing). Having said that the 2910 is a very good quality dvd player and should provide a better picture with p/s turned on. Also paolo, when you set the dvd player to p/s are you not getting anything at all come through? I think with most if not all dvd players if you set p/s to on you should still get a picture with p/s or it will default back to interlaced. Does anyone else want to confirm this? Im not sure about non-modified dvd players if this would effect it or not? You could try the gut who wrote this review at http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/DenonDVD-2910Review1.php If you try sending him a friendly email he could probably advise you on what you need to do or confirm what your saying. I cant think of anything else!

6. mr_incredible

mr_incredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry one last thing to try. In the setup menus for the Denon make sure that the HDMI/DVI connection is set to OFF otherwise p/s wont go through component. Just a simple thing to try.