PW7 versus Aquos

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by nheather, Nov 11, 2004.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,982
    No not another Plasma versus LCD - I appreciate that they have slightly different feels and that really comes down to personal taste.

More a question on quality.

How do the two compare on technical picture quality (sharpness, pixellation, artifacts etc) when viewing SCART RGB sources (Sky and DVD) ?

How do the two compare in terms of build quality and reliability ?

The reason I ask is that I started looking at an 32" LCD then decided it would be too small. The 37" LCDs were too expensive so I turned my attention to the Pany plasma panels (which I am impressed with). Now I see that Sharp 37" LCDs can be had for under £2K so my dilemma has returned.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's hard not to let subjective impressions be the deciding factor on this point. I've just been looking at both LCDs and PLasmas in JL today. They seem to set their screens up pretty well - far better than Comet etc - and I have to say that on Sky sources the plasmas wiped the floor with the LCDs. Even the new Philips and the Loewe Spheros, though not as pixellated as the others, looked artificial. The Viera and the Pioneer (can't remember which) stole it easily.

I was wanting to like the new LCDs, but for Sky I was pleasantly surprised how well the two top plasmas held their own with CRT. YMMV.