1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw7 upgrade to use Sky HD?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kayemd, Mar 19, 2005.

1. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been reading some old postings and MAW said that if you buy a PW7 now you will be able to upgrade in the future to use with Sky HD?

How is this possible? I know you could get a DVI board but didn't think it had a high enough resolution?

I am about to buy and can't decide to get cheap plasma now (such as PW6 from RS) and then upgrade to HD ready plasma in a few years when its been out a while. Or stump up 3K now and get a 435XDE? What do other people think about this?

Thanks

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i think geting the pw7 compliant will require a scaler like the iscan hd+....personally I would go for the update in a few years time option because I reckon it will be at least that long before the sky hd content is worth worrying about.

3. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mep - thats what i have been telling myself - So would you say PW6 from RS for 1099 or PW7 from AV sales for 1550?

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    well i have pw7 and used av-sales who are excellent.....and from what I have read on here RS don't have the terminal boards and most places are reluctant to sell them without a screen being bought from them.

5. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so does anyone know if AV sales sell boards if you dont buy the screen off them?

6. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ordered and received a board from avsales this week and i never bought my screen from them.
    regards
    chris

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    they must have more in stock now....a while back they wouldn't sell them seperately