pw7 upgrade to use Sky HD?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kayemd, Mar 19, 2005.

1. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been reading some old postings and MAW said that if you buy a PW7 now you will be able to upgrade in the future to use with Sky HD?

How is this possible? I know you could get a DVI board but didn't think it had a high enough resolution?

I am about to buy and can't decide to get cheap plasma now (such as PW6 from RS) and then upgrade to HD ready plasma in a few years when its been out a while. Or stump up 3K now and get a 435XDE? What do other people think about this?

Thanks

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    i think geting the pw7 compliant will require a scaler like the iscan hd+....personally I would go for the update in a few years time option because I reckon it will be at least that long before the sky hd content is worth worrying about.

3. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mep - thats what i have been telling myself - So would you say PW6 from RS for 1099 or PW7 from AV sales for 1550?

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    well i have pw7 and used av-sales who are excellent.....and from what I have read on here RS don't have the terminal boards and most places are reluctant to sell them without a screen being bought from them.

5. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so does anyone know if AV sales sell boards if you dont buy the screen off them?

6. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ordered and received a board from avsales this week and i never bought my screen from them.
    regards
    chris

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    they must have more in stock now....a while back they wouldn't sell them seperately