Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PW7, TH-SW9, Sky+ - hooking it all together???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by toby_smith, Oct 14, 2004.

1. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Newbie to Plasma, Home cinema etc. From fora searching, thinking of buying the following:

PW7
    JVC TH-SW9 (wireless back speakers useful)
    Sky+

Goal is to have all sound from DVD and Sky+ coming through JVC system, so how do you hook it all up together?

I see from numerous threads that the usual option for Sky+ is a RGB>VGA convertor from JS which I assume goes to PW7 via VGA cable. How then does the sound from Sky+ go to the JVC box?

What do you use to hook up JVC to PW7?

Lastly, what boards would I need in PW7?

Thanks.

:lease:

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Feeling charitable, so will answer one more of these before giving up and letting someone else take a turn (or even suggest that members make use of the search function?)

The sound from Sky+ goes to your amp using an optical digital cable. An analogue stereo connection is also possible if you don't have a spare optical input on the amp (you would use a 2-phono cable for this). RGB-2-VGA is for video only.

If you're going to feed all your sources in via RGB scart, then you don't need an input board at all in this configuration. The VGA input is already there.

However, if you want to use the progressive scan output on the DVD/home cinema box, then you need a component input board for the plasma as well.

Lastly, if you are planning to use a VCR as well, then you will also need a composite input on the plasma. If these last two scenarios apply, then why not go for the dual input board and cover both bases?

3. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for bearing with me - I had been reading and reading posts, and just hadn't got it clear in my head :zonked:

Now I've got it!! :thumbsup:

Thanks.