Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PW7 Stands and Warranty from AV-Sales

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Davej50, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, decided to order my PW7 tomorrow from AV-Sales along with Quintro+, JS RGB-> VGA and a 3 yr extended warranty, but need to know what the stands are like...

How does the Universal one on the AV-Sales website look in reality? Does it come in silver or is it just black as in their picture? Would I be better off spending the extra £50 in getting the proper Panny one from them?

Also, is the warranty worth it? i.e. In the event that something goes wrong do they do their best to get out of sorting it, or are they okay?

This site has a lot to answer for, it's cost me loadsamoney this year :suicide:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    TADL who provide the warranty are great they are from a commercial display background where 48 hour hot swap is the norm.... In fact i think their service is superior to Pannys own...... Should be quicker! I would spend the extra £50 for the panny unit unless you are using a very thin unit to mount it on.

3. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I guess you're right, an extra 50 quid is a drop in the ocean when your paying a few grand for something. Might as well get it right first time!

The only other thing I'm worried about is that I'm gonna need a very long VGA cable (up to 10m). Is this likely to cause me any problems with sync issues or anything? And I guess I can run my PS2, DVD and Sky+ down this cable if I have the Quintro+ ?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    not as long as you get a good one.... reconmend Van Damme red series.... Also as you are using converter make sure you use goodquality scarts and keep cables as short as possible.

5. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, got a quote this morning to include Vandamme 10m VGA cable, and Vandamme 10m Component cables - Hopefully these should do the trick. Just gotta wait for the nod from the wife now :lesson:

Cheers!

6. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The stand comes in silver - and if you have a look at the "Get yuor plasmas out for the lads" post you'll see that most people with silver PW6s (and 7s now) seem to have the av-sales stand. I've got one, and it looks great. Eevn the wife says so! :)

ZedZed

7. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

Can any one confirm TADL Assist warranties are protected ?
    I have looked at their website and can find no mention of this.
    If a warranty is not protected and the warranty company goes out of business , you lose your premium and your cover. Power House style.

Panasonic plasma extended guaranties are Domestic & General, so ARE protected.

What is the position regarding TADL please ? :cool:

http://www.tadlassist.com/index/page7.htm

8. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I ordered in the end. The guy at AV-Sales told me that they didn't have the panny one and that the universal one actually looks better anyway. Should hear when it's all being delivered by Monday - This week's gonna be a killer having to wait for it. Especially if I can't get the time off work to be at home to take the delivery! Dunno what I'll do then...

9. Walton Goggins

Walton Goggins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it a better idea to buy from John Lewis to have their 5 year cover with a price match to AV Sales ?

I'm worried about the warranty disappearing

10. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess it depends on what you're getting. I tried to get JL to do a price match with a PW7 but they don't do that model - they also told me they wouldn't price-match on an item they had to order in.

To be honest, I got a great deal on mine with AV-Sales and to top it off I only ordered it on Friday and it arrived today. At the end of the day, I've now got 4 years guarantee in total and a lot of kit for a price that I couldn't match anywhere.