1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw7 sound is out??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shakie1973, Apr 15, 2005.

1. shakie1973

shakie1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ALL,

Just had my 37" pw7 wall mounted and it looks gr8.But when viewing through sky not all but quite a few channels the sound is out of time,what can be done to correct this.I bought the package from r/s with tupt600 tuner board and ty42tm6 input board.Please let me know what i can do .......step by step plz noob here.

CHEERS

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    first of all i recommend doing a forum search on lip sync, it is a very common thing..and not a fault as such, more a bi-product of plasma picture processing which can take fractionally longer than sound processing. sometimes just resetting sky can sort it temporarily but a proper solution is to purchase an amp with sound delay functionality.

3. thegooseman

thegooseman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where are you taking your sound from? directly from sky?

4. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I've noticed this too on certain channels and it does seem to come and go.

Might sound weird but in a programme with a log of dialog the lip-sync seems to drift out until there's a few seconds of silence when it seems to catch up with itself again!! Obviously can't tell if background music drifts as you've no reference point.

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    also, you may want to consider getting rid of the tuner box (again do a search here) most people are unimpressed with it and there are much better ways of hooking things up

6. shakie1973

shakie1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What would you suggest instead of the tuner box and how would this work or differ.Like i say the lip sync is not on all sky channels and it's not there all the time

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    if you just have sky, you can use teh js technology rgb to vga convereter which allows you to connect direct to teh pc input on your pw7...look at www.js-technology.com.........if you have a dvd player too.....you could use a scart splitter that you can plug sky and dvd into and tehn scart splitter into teh js box.....or you can get component input board if you have a dvd player with component out. I have to say I never had teh tuner box but know lots of folk here who did and then sold it