1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 Set Up Using DVE (Contrast and BASS)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by banjo21, Dec 25, 2004.

1. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Folks,
    I've read most of the posts that came up on a search but still two issues if anyone can help.

1. I have real trouble getting contrast set on PW7. All of THX Opti, Platinum DVD Set Up disc and DVE fail to show any blooming on white boxes (as expected I think on a plasma) but I cant get the small grey box in white box on 133 card as recommended by Gordon in previous posts either. The box is always a solid white no matter what contrast is set. On the four shades of white pattern on Opti I always have four shades of white etc. Any other way to set contrast?

2. BASS. There is a vast difference in bass level when set using DVE (much lower) than using Platinum DVD. Anyone else noted this? I can't believe DVE should have setting this low. Any thoughts?

Happy Hols everyone - back to watching something on it rather than tinkering with it before the boss shouts at me......

PS. DVE is from new batch that just seems to have been released (still 2003 edition).
    PPS. I suspect Contrast is too high at 0 given I see lots of bloomin in 'Teachers' with the sunlight coming thru school windows. If you watch it you'll know what I mean.