1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 RGB Scart select

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JimmyA, Apr 10, 2005.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read some threads that included difficulties over selction of the RGB input on the new Panny PW7. I've just set mine up and I cannot get any input from my Telewest Pace box other than s-video. The cable box is connected from the tv scart out (ie not the vcr out) via high quality scart lead to the panny scart board. I see from the forum that conversion to VGA is the preferred route but there is still no reason why I cannot select RGB on the set up menu? Under Set Up, the Component/RGB-in select option is grayed out confirming AV signal only.

Telwest box is set to RGB. No other devices connected other than from Telewest VCR scart out via Scart to phono to receiver.

I saw several threads that discussed this but not as simple a set up - I'm stuck. Any thoughts gratefully received.

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Component/RGB-in select option is grayed out

because you can't feed component into the SCART board, so no need to give you the choice. nowt to do with no RGB input.

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    sometimes it's just a case of taking the scart board out and reinserting it or trying it in another slot

4. JimmyA

JimmyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, take your point re no component in therefore no option required. However, it does seem to be a basic AV feed given the info displayed under the Setup/Signal menu - AV displayed in the right hand corner, rather than RGB.

I've tried mep's suggestion also re slots/reinsert but no joy to date. Is there another source I can use to check if the screen is working correctly?

5. rizingdamp

rizingdamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pjclark is correct, I have pw7 connected to a humax set RGB and I also questioned the greyed out box its just that it doesent know any difference.

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    have you got a dvd player or something else you can connect to the scart board....it may be a faulty board