1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 progressive scan DVD + TV tuner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tutin, Mar 2, 2005.

1. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoy,

I've ordered the Panasonic PW7 with a scart box kit. I was just wondering if I would be able to get my DVD + Plasma to work with progressive scan through the scart cables, or do I need to get an extra input thingie for component cables in order to use progressive scan ?

Also what is a good and CHEAP panasonic external TV tuner for just ordinary old style analog television ? I'll be receiving my plasma this friday and would like to buy those things beforehand so that I can just plug it all together the same day.

Thanks for your help

2. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just went to the local shop and they told me I can only use the Panasonic TUPT600E TV tuner to be connected to a PW7. This costs over 900 euros, is this true ? Can I not connect ANY tv tuner to it ?

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Not sure about TV Tuner connectivity (although I'd be surprised if you couldn't use non-Panny TV Tuners) but for Prog Scan from your DVD you will require component cables.

Try www.cableuniverse.co.uk - very good prices/quality/service.

ALI

4. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the piece I want to be able to achieve progressive scan (component input), right ?

Panasonic TY-42TM6Z

5. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on guys, you're all pro Panasonic PW7 and you don't know what tuner you use ? What the best deal for the panny tuner out there ? AV doesnt seem to sell them, or at least i'm unable to find any.

6. zest

zest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    component for progressive, any tuner direct into a scart board will work. or use a js rgb>vga conveter

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for a tuner a DVDR like the panny E55 will give you analogue so will a VCR (not great) of get a Freeview box from £30!!! And yes you will need a component board for progscan souces (more to it than that) and the plasma will convert all incoming signals to prog scan internally anyway so the question is what is the better De-interlacer...DVD or Plasma

8. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah ok, that's already better, the E55 is 220 pounds, which is like 320 euros.. that's reasonable. I hope they have those locally in Belgium.

9. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why is a DVD Writer + Tuner costing 300 euros and a single Tuner ONLY like the TUPT600 is 900 euro ? Is there something more to it ?

The E55 seems to also have scart and component outputs..