1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 on AV sales.co.uk

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mcav, Dec 14, 2004.

1. mcav

mcav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Noticed that avsales.co.uk have the PW7 at 1997 which is a bit steep really

But then I noticed that it is coming with 1 component, 2 RGB scart, and 2 SVHS inputs as well as the tuner. 1997 including delivery doesn't seem all that bad when you think about what you get.

Having said that - wonder what the price will be in January... You only need to up the price of something for 6 weeks before you can class it a sale item. Is that not the same amout of time to January that avsales.co.uk altered their PW7 offer?

Thoughts welcome

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I can't believe they are still offering the tuner! To say it's pants is the worlds greatest understatement. You really really do not want that tuner!! You are better off with a scart board and a freeview box! There are innumerable better ways of connecting stuff to a panasonic, and the tuner board nobbles the lot, you can't even use the VGA when it's connected.

3. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    better buying the PW7 elsewhere at around £1550 now with free scart board and buying other boards, converters, etc. with the saving

4. DrXerox

DrXerox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    A bit disappointed now!!!

I've just completed an order with AV sales for a PW7 and a tuner box !!!
    I ordered that because the screens are getting good feedback from people on this forum, and I need the tuner to make it wife friendly.

I have an NTL cable digi box and a Panny dvd recorder. Don't have an aerial on the roof, but use the digi box rf output to feed the rest of the tvs around the house.

The tuner seemed like the way to go 'cause it provides all the connections I need.

Have I done the wrong thing? Guess I could ring av-sales in the morning to change the order!!!! What do you guys think. :lease:

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are other methods but they are more complex while i am not a huge fan of the tuner if you have only the kit mentioned and want to keep it wife friendly.....

6. DrXerox

DrXerox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the quick reply Hornydragon.

I do have more kit. Yamaha dsp-a592 amp (only switches composite video).

I need the tuner because we occasionally need to watch the rf output. Ntl cable box switched to a cable channel that is fed to another tv, so kids can watch in a bedroom.
    ie we will watch bbc1 on the plasma and the kids will be watching E4 in their bedroom. Can't see anyway round it, can you?

At the moment I have everything connected to the 3 scarts on the back of my Tosh 40" rear projection tv. Even now er indoors rings me at work 'cause see can't get the dvd on :oops:

So it must be really user friendly. Maw was really scathing of the Panny tuner box. Hope I've done the right thing :(

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ah i get now how you can watch BBC1 in lounge with kids watching E4...... (analogue ntl feed ) your DVD recorder will have an analogue RF tuner in it...... and can feed the panel analogue TV (no TELETEXT IIRC) ntl>E55>component board on plasma if thats all you have you can save a few quid...........if you have no other source saves a few quid and leaves 2 slots open for expansion....but not a major issue either way.....
    I am assuming you have a X5 series DVDR, E55/65/75/85 or95..... if it is an earlier X0 model it needs different solution (JS RGB>VGA box......)