1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 Now What ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by geewhizz, Jan 29, 2005.

1. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Getting Panny pw7 on tuesday, got my wall bracket ( putting it up on sunday ), Problem now is what to get for the plasma.

As for sound and connectablity what do you'se recommend, do i buy the yamama 750 amp £350 from R.S.
    my dvd payer is a cheap one with a scart socket only.
    my xbox is scart as well.
    now my problem is my ntl cable, all it got is one ariel type wire that goes into the back of the tv, yellow connection saying " video " and a white one saying " audio " no other connections on it.
    The panny has only got one scart on it, nothing else, so is the amp method a waste of time and money or is there another way thats cheaper.
    Do i buy a component board and amp, or what. :rolleyes:

2. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    think your main problem is the ntl cable..............................to hook this up you would need a tuner box.............................. the panny one is supposed to be pants and is about £350 if i remember..............................can you get a new one with a scart?........................or maybe buy a DVD recorder and watch TV through that?

cheers,tam

3. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Tam am a tim as well and i want to see big sutty bangin them in on a big screen, and have the jungle in the room, through an amp, so gonna buy the amp and go down the expensive way ( amp, component board, js convertor.) For future proofing.
    thank for your help.