1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 media box elimenating lyp sync

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Steve_Whelan, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Steve_Whelan

Steve_Whelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was in a local Home Cinema shop today (a fairly hi end shop and a CEDIA member). The salesman advised me that the Panasonic Media box for the PW7 will eliminate the lip syc problems known with this screen. Is this true or is he giving me a load of crap to shift the the media box.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The latter I'm afraid.

3. Steve_Whelan

Steve_Whelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thought so, the screen in the shop was conected via VGA/Scart no lyp sync was evident. so must be desperate to shift this three year old from what i have heard piece of junk media box.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    You mean their demo was not running the media box! Wonder why? Stricly speaking it's not junk as such, it does interfere with your life in most alarming ways though. He didn't tell you it disables:- Picture in picture, picture position/size adjustment, all other installed video inputs whilst the cable is connected, and it's not brilliant for PQ either. Time these dinosaur boxes were consigned to history. I think Panny consumer must have put a sales target linked to supply of PW7 screens, thank God I have no consumer account!