PW7 - Just a coupla questions...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Davej50, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm ready to go and order a PW7 so have been trawling the threads on this board but there is so much info all over the place that I'm getting confused :zonked:

Obviously I want to get the best PQ possible, but I also want to be able to use as much of the kit that I currently have installed. Basically I have a 10metre flat scart cable going from my TV into a scart switcher box which then connects to Sky+, DVD, PS2. I don't really want to get rid of this scart as it cost me £50 and it's now laid under my carpet - and I don't want to lay any more cables either. So the questions are:

1) Do I just get a scart terminal in the back of the PW7 and connect as normal? My Sky+ is set to transmit in RGB as I think is my DVD player.

2) Do I get this JS Labs converter thingy I've been reading about? And if so, can I still run all 3 things through it (sky+, dvd, PS2)? (maybe with my scart switcher box?)

3) Running all this down the 10m scart lead, am I likely to get lip synch problems?

4) In the event that Sky start transmitting HDMI in a few years, will I still be able to get the HDMI terminal board for this plasma then?

The more I think about this the more confused I become and it's taken a while to convince the wife that we need a plasma so if I was to then say I also needed to replace all the cables (which I only bought a few months back) then I'm likely to get a good kick-in. :)

Again, sorry if all this has been answered before but I could do with someone putting it in simple terms in one place :lease: